Line Dancing

CRUISE0825

I just got off the Legend yesterday and there were two line dance classes that took place on the show stage. There is also lots of line dancing on the Lido deck and disco with easy to follow songs. One was the Cupid Shuffle and the mambo song...I don't know the real name of it. I had the time of my life dancing the line dances as well as my 20 year daughter and her friend!

Thanks, that's good to hear. I bought a line dancing DVD to learn before the cruise, but it only has 6 dances on it. The Electric Slide, Tush Push, Cotton-Eyed Joe, Macarena, Boot Scootin' Boogie and Slappin' Leather. We'll have 12 people in our group so it should be fun!

Thanks, that's good to hear. I bought a line dancing DVD to learn before the cruise, but it only has 6 dances on it. The Electric Slide, Tush Push, Cotton-Eyed Joe, Macarena, Boot Scootin' Boogie and Slappin' Leather. We'll have 12 people in our group so it should be fun!

LOL that is how I learned the Slappin Leather! Didnt have any country line dancing on the Pride last July but did see some in the capers for the fascination. Guess it might be up to the dancer teaching the lessons

Does Carnival have line dancing? Someone posted capers from their January cruise on the Triumph. I thought I saw it listed on the Today-At-A-Glance part of the caper at 11:45pm, but now I don't see it.

While on Liberty in January, we did a "class" on stage with Butch, the CD. It was SO much fun. Little did we know that this was being filmed and it was on almost every day after that!!! LMAO. Hopefully your ship will offer this. Should be a blast with a big group. enjoy your cruise. :D

This kind of dancing is my favorite, whether on a cruise or anywhere. On my Conquest cruise, there was plenty of Lido deck dancing going on throughout the cruise, especially with our awesome Deck Party! We had the Cupid Shuffle, the Electric Slide, the Cha Cha Slide, YMCA, and others. There were also a couple line dancing classes in the main theater during the week. I made it to one of those, which was pretty fun. Still, the simpler dances that many people know and others can easily learn are always the best. It's more fun when more people get involved. I love it when we do things that are inclusive.

Not big fan of line dancing, but will hold my comments on it's merit to myself as personal opinion.

I tried to learn the 'lectric slide on a ship that had just left Aruba, the winds were strong and the side to side roll kept me jettisoning off the dance floor. Beer and tequila shots didn't help a dang bit either.

I much prefer the buckle polishing dancin' :{)

Not big fan of line dancing, but will hold my comments on it's merit to myself as personal opinion.

I tried to learn the 'lectric slide on a ship that had just left Aruba, the winds were strong and the side to side roll kept me jettisoning off the dance floor. Beer and tequila shots didn't help a dang bit either.

I much prefer the buckle polishing dancin' :{)

two-step snob! ;) and you still owe me one by the way :D

Whether there are dance "classes" seems to vary by ship. Looking at my Inspiration Capers from December, they had a "Crazy Salsa" class for 30 minutes prior to the Love and Marriage show in the main lounge. This wasn't line dancing.

There always seemed to be "ad hoc" line dancing on Lido deck on the raised stage. Wasn't anything in the Capers - it just happened in between other Lido events. That has been true on all my Carnival cruises.

Archived