Wacky Rollers - how many ziplines?

Mrs Booboo

To anyone who has done the Wacky Rollers Adventure Park - a couple of reviews I have read seem to imply it is more bridges than zips; anybody out there know exactly how many ziplines there are? It's hard to tell based on the website, which says:

"Travel on the trail, advancing from tree to tree via suspended platforms. You will encounter varied formations - the Indiana Bridge, Monkey Bridge, the Duck Walk and other footbridges and zip lines. There is even a Tarzan jump for the daring and the course ends with a zip across the Layou River and back."

Denise,

Just thought I would let you know that we actually booked this through Shoretrips. They combine it with river tubing, so I guess you can get around the fact that Wacky Rollers has a contract with most of the cruise ships for just the canopy part.

Cost is $108, duration 5 hours. If we do just the Wacky Rollers part thru Carnival, cost is $94 for 3 hours. The one catch with Shoretrips is that there must be a minimum of 6 people for them to do the excursion (I don't think you personally have to have 6 people; I think they will combine you with other people).

Also FYI - I did find this in the description on the Carnival site: "This 8 zip line course ends with one that takes you across the Layou River, Dominica’s longest and largest river."

I did the ziplining with Wacky Rollers and loved it!!!

I didn't count exactly, but maybe there were around 6 or so ziplines? Yes there were some bridges and other obstacles of sorts...those were for the shorter distances between trees. Honestly, some were so short that I can't actually imagine "ziplining" between them.

Keep in mind also, it is called an "Adventure Park", not a "ziplining park", so it incorporates ziplining amonst other things.

I loved it...so did my husband. I'd do again and pay the same price. I tried to add some pics of the different "obstacles, but they're all failing". I'll try again at another time.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks,Mrs.Booboo for the info. I will have to contact the tour operator and get the details about the 6 people thing. My husband and I probably won't to the wacky rollers thing....He's got a horrible back, and would definitely throw it out doing something like that. And I don't want to leave the guy alone on the vacationl. We'll find something fun, but calmer to do.

We booked this trip independently [HAL didn't offer it through the ship, so there was no issue of contracts] and ended up being the only two on the trip. It was outstanding. There were more "tightrope" and log bridges than ziplines, but we still loved it. It was quite challenging. I had to skip the "Tarzan" section due to bad shoulders - my husband did it and it was tough for him, even, and he has pretty strong shoulders. I would do it again in a minute. But I'd wear sturdier shoes next time. I had on sneakers that can also be worn in the water [Lands End] and felt the tightropes a lot. Our guides had on hiking-type boots - I wouldn't go that far.

A couple who went with us to do the river tubing were disappointed, as the river was very low at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I am going to book the kids on the 3-4 hour canapy tour with shoreTrips. it's only $81.00 pp so that is a huge savings over the carnival price. The description of the tour says 7 zip lines and a tarzan rope. I think it looks incredible! Will let you know in August!

Wacky Rollers Adventure is only $75.00 if booked on Viator tours - This is who carnival uses....Does Shore Trip ($81.00) use them as well? the descriptions on both websites are almost identical... Anyone know?

All I know is that when we were looking to book, Carnival was charging $94 for the 3 hour canopy challenge. I found the 5 hour combo trip (river tubing/canopy challenge) for only $14 more on Shoretrips. We had a blast on both and it was worth the extra money! It did help for the river tubing that I think they were starting the rainy season (it was actually pouring when we started).

I think Shoretrips deals directly with the Wacky Rollers people.

I didn't count, but it is about 7 ziplines, the Tarzan rope, and a bunch of suspended bridges. Check out this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL0qlOOa4mE

Archived