which ruins to see?

orchid4578

My family wants to visit ruins. We are traveling on Celebrity in late May. They are thinking of going uising a celebrity tour to visit Chacchoben. My understanding is that if we do these ruins, the Native choice program is the way to go instead?

Are the Chacchoben really overrun with tourists? Are there other ruins that are worth seeing? I'm having trouble distinguishing the benefits of seeing Chacchoben over Kohunlich, besides shorter travel time.

I would appreciate any thoughts!

I've been to Kokunlich. I have seen quite a few Mayan ruins and these were probably my least favorite, not to discourage you though because I don't know anything about the other ones. The pyramids there are not very tall. We did climb, if you want to call it that, one. My grandmother could have climbed it. There were howler monkeys there and that was a highlight of the tour. The masks were very neat but other than that, I don't think it was too special. I've been to Coba, Chitchen Itza, and Lamani. I liked all of these better.

Archived