Autoprogresso Dzibilchaltun & Merida

Capiche

I am looking at booking a tour of Dzibilchaltun through Autoprogresso while in Progresso with Carnival. I also wanted to do some shopping in Merida. I got pricing from autoprogresso and they said each are separate tours at $39 a piece per person. I was definitely wanting to take their tour of Dzibilchaltun, but was thinking about going to Merida on our own. Is it possible to take a taxi in Dzibilchaultun to Merida and return back to the ship by taxi for cheaper than $39 per person? Or is it worth the extra money in order to have the tour guide and transportation in Merida? Suggestions are much appreciated!

Tony

First time cruiser & first time outside of US!

Capiche

There have been several posters who have hired a taxi in Progreso to take them to Dz, wait while they tour the ruins and then take them on to the historical center of Merida for about $40-45. Then you can take a taxi back to Progreso for about $25 or the bus for $3.00. This way you control your time and can explore on your own. Merida is definitely worth the effort.

Just keep reading and also checkout http://www.yucatantoday.com for more information.

Capiche, You might wish to contact Autoprogreso again. I think maybe they misunderstood your questions. I just received a quick response back from my friend that works for them. The current prices are: Per Person, Merida $25, DZ $29 and the combo is $39. Personaly I think the best way to see Merida and DZ is to either rent a taxi for the day or if you are a bit more intrepid is to catch the bus to Merida for $3. You can catch a bus from Merida to the ruins. I am not sure if a bus goes direct from DZ back to Progreso. You can check at the bus station when you get there. If your Spanish is not up to the task keep an eye out for police wearing white shirts with a Policía Turística patch on their arm sleeve, they are the tourist police and all speak excellent English. Merida is a very easy city to navigate on your own. You can download very good maps from both www.Yucatantoday.com and www.Yucatanliving.com.

Yes, you are correct. I misread the email. The combo tour is $39. I wanted to have a tour guide for the trip, so I will probably just book it through autoprogreso.

It is a very good and reliable outfit. You will have a fine time touring with them.

Archived