Behind the Fun tour - Carnival Dream

taffy12

Several months ago, I read about the new Behind the Fun tour offering a behind-the-scenes glance at Carnival ships. The story said it would be rolled out fleetwide by this past September, but I haven't seen anything more on it. Is it available on Dream yet, or will it be by May. The story mentioned possible ship-to-ship variation...what all does the Dream tour include? And is there anyway to book it ahead of time, like a shore excursion? I want to make sure I get a spot!

I did the tour on the Dream. It took a few hours and was a very good tour. Its done on the last sea day. make sure you sign up for it as soon as you get on the ship. I waited two days and got the last ticket.

We are looking to do this tour also. I think it would be something my husband would enjoy as he is not much of a sun worshiper. Does anyone know if you go to the excersion desk to book it? Is it true that they only do 1 tour with only 16 people? I wonder if we will even have a chance if that is the case since we don't fly in until 9:40 that morning.

I did the tour on the Dream. It took a few hours and was a very good tour. Its done on the last sea day. make sure you sign up for it as soon as you get on the ship. I waited two days and got the last ticket.

I must have been typing when DqAlex posted :) It makes me feel better knowing that after two days you were still able to at least get a ticket. Glad to know it was a good tour. Thanks for your post!

We did it on the Pride sailing to the Bahamas. The cost was $95 a person, it sold out pretty quick. We thought it was an awesome tour and well worth the money! We got to see everything from behind the show scenes to where they dispose of the garbage. Includes a group picture with the chef in the galley, also a group pic with the captain up on the bridge. He will also pose with you or you with your spouse. These pictures are delivered to you at dinner and are included in the price of the tour, along with a "Behind the Fun" hat. Kinda long though, about 4 hours. We had time to kill because the ship couldn't dock in Freeport. Enjoy.....

We did this tour on the Dream in February. It was $95 and it was well worth it. You need to book it as soon as you board the ship as they only had 2 tours of 16 persons each tour and that is on the last sea day. You will need to wear enclosed shoes and be able to walk up and down stairs. No elevators. We really enjoyed being behind the scenes and meeting the people you would never get to meet.

We did the tour on Conquest last month. In addition to the photos (we had a group photo with the captain, individual photos with the captain, and a group photo on the bow), we received a "Behind the Fun" backpack and hat, a wristband, a bar of soap carved by the galley crew, and chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to our cabin during the tour. There were two tours - 8:45 and 9:15 - with 16 people each. They had a waiting list on our cruise. We booked at the shore excursions desk right after we boarded. At $95 it is pricey, but we thought it was worth the price.

You want to know where it goes. You go to the following places

Bow of the ship (photo op)

Back stage of theater/dressing rooms

Laundry area/linen storage room

photo lab

Crew/Staff/Officer dining rooms

Crew lounge

Crew cabin--SOMETIMES, but not always, it depends on if a cabin is empty or not. The glory had no empty crew cabins, so no dice there...

Food stores--freezers and refrigeration

Beverage storage room (wine, liquor, and soft drinks)

Morgue (see it, but not necessarily go in)

Brig (same as morgue)

Staff development room (training and computer courses after hours)

Crew gym

Trash room

Bridge (two photo ops!)

Engine control room

Galley (all areas)

The end is the Supper Club

It is well worth the tour and you will need to bring closed toe shoes and book it ASAP when you board. Sometimes they have to wait until you sail to book it, but they can take your name and folio number. There will be a lot of walking and in some cases you go up or down at least three to five decks. There will be explanations by the officers in charge of the areas and it can be fascinating! The cold/frozen storage areas are FLIPPING COLD!, needless to say you don't spend too much time in there as most folks are in shorts and a shirt/tank top! The captain will explain everything on the bridge and what it does/or is for!

You also get a tray of goodies from the chef de cuisine to enjoy!

I say do it!!!!!

We did the Behind the Fun Tour on the Freedom (2/27/10). We went to the excursion desk as soon as we boarded around 11:00-11:30 am. and we were # 10-14 in the second group of 16. The cost was $95 and it lasted a good 4 hours. It was worth the $ and the time. My DH enjoyed all the tech talk etc. Hope you have fun!!

On our cruise last week (Carnival Elation), they offered it with only 32 spots available. The cost is $55 per person.

We didn't do it...maybe next time.

We just got off the Carnival Miracle. The tour price was $95 per person which we thought was a little pricy, so didn't do it. Would have done it at $55.:o

We did the Behind the Fun Tour on the Freedom (2/27/10). We went to the excursion desk as soon as we boarded around 11:00-11:30 am. and we were # 10-14 in the second group of 16. The cost was $95 and it lasted a good 4 hours. It was worth the $ and the time. My DH enjoyed all the tech talk etc. Hope you have fun!!

Thats almost scary...sold out by 11:30AM!!! It almost seems like you need to be on the ship as soon as they allow boarding.... Were you???? lol

Thnx for all the above information... Now my husband, daughter, dad, nephew and myself want to do it... I hope we don't get shut out.... WOW....11:30 huh????

• 3 months later...

Archived