Where is the Port in Istanbul?

patchdadog

Seriously, the cruise port is a fairly short walking distance east (or on one's right) from the Galata Bridge that crosses the Golden Horn from the old city (pretty much in front of the Spice Bazaar). There's a modern tram - the only one of its kind that can be reached a short block in from of the port that crosses the bridge with stops in front of the Spice Bazaar, Topkapi, Sultanahmet/Hagia Sophia, and the thororughfare fronting a half block the Grand Bazaar. I'm planning on doing it next week - get a map.

Yes, such sound advice..get a map. I do and I see several proper ports that vessels could berth. Thus my inquire as to the proper location. Your description was helpful. Will you be traveling on the Magnifica next week?

first picture is off the ship looking towards the galata bridge..it is just over the rise

the second is looking back from the galata bridge towards the port..

its a longish walk but enjoyable

Thanks for the pics. It looks like MSC is a little ways down the pier area at the port. That helps me figure where to go and connoitre tram stops.

OP - all going well, a week from tomorrow it'll be Istanbul! Leaving tomorrow for Venice for the 3/27 sailing of Magnifica! Very excited. Weather report for Venice is poor but the rest of the week looks pretty good (fingers crossed).

I just googled the istanbul tram..does not look like it goes by the port. does go close to the galata bridge. we walked all the way to the bazaar and then to the Haga sofia..took a cab back..cabs are cheap and plentiful..walked as its the best way to see stuff..but you could grab a cab both ways

Archived