Itinnery dilema

Looking at a cruise for May 2011 and cant make up my mind on what to go for. Been on Royal Carribean and Thomson both Carribean one sailing from New York so can do sea days.

We will be travelling from Britain and I have a few ideas but need help deciding. I would like to do a Med cruise this time and we can Cruise straight from Southampton or fly to numerous ports.

I would like at least 12 days, we are in our 50s with our daughter in her 30s.

We like the whole cruising experience and are not loyal to one cruiseline.

We would prefer Italy, Greece etc.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thank you

We loved getting on Independence at Southampton and starting our holiday without having to fly anywhere. Downside was sea days straight off on our way down to Gibraltar. But what a fabulous ship! There was so much to do on board that we easily adjusted our head set to getting the ship as destination idea. The crew was brilliant. Link to blog below.

Thanks both this was one I looked at and the reviews for the independance were great, my worry was the sea days.

But like I said we did 3 sea days down to the carribean and two and a half back without any major problems.

It should not be too bad in May hopefully, now just to decide on itinnery, so many choices. Guess we will be doing a few cruises over the next year or two.

Archived