HOU to Galveston...

Plant

I must say that I don't understand why it's so expensive and so difficult to get from Houston Hobby to the Port of Galveston or a hotel in Galveston. I've checked several transportation services and they're either ridiculously expensive or they're operating on such a "shoestring" and limitations that I wouldn't count on them :(.

We don't want to rent a car and drive, all we want to do is go from HOU or Hampton Inn Houston Airport (or from HOU to a hotel in Galveston) to the Galveston port for a reasonable amount of $$$ with a company that has a good reputation and doesn't cost $100.00.

Any advice?

I'm looking for help here also. Is there any reasonable way to get from Houston to the Galveston Port. Does anyone know if RCI has airport transfers you can purchase and if so the ballpark range of what they might cost. I have a year to figure this out, but at the moment it looks like it could be cheapest to rent a car or van and sell shares to other people on my cruise roll call list.

Royal Caribbean and Carnival both sell bus transfers to and from HOU (Hobby) and IAH (Intercontinental Airport Houston, George Bush)

Just don't book your return air before noon at HOU and 1 at IAH if using these transfers

On the advice of my TA, we've booked the cruise line's transfers from HOU to Galveston. If you can find other people on your RCall to share a private service, that would be ideal.

We weren't able to find anyone to share, so we're going the least expensive route.

It is probably about 40 minutes at least from HOU to the Port, so if you are looking at cabs, they would lose alot of business, not to mention put on alot of miles just taking you down to the Port. To me, it seems that Galveston cruises are great if you are driving in, but I can see where it would be hard to get there if flying in. I would think that the cruise lines bus transfers would be the best bet.

Sort of on the same subject, the New Orleans airport is quite a distance from the port also.

Sorry you couldnt find anything plant for our upcoming cruise. Since we booked this cruise last year I've been researching and monitoring this board for months now and without a doubt Galveston seems to be the worst port for those of us that fly in the day before a cruise. If we had to do over again I would goto florida but alas I didn't book this cruise this time around the wife did.....lesson learned, HOwever, this will be a fun cruise..............

Archived