Helsingborg Ferry

Does anyone know the cost of the ferry from Helsingborg to Hamlet's castle? Also, I checked the website for Hamlet's castle and wasn't able to find an entrance fee - does anyone know the cost? Any other info about the ferry or the castle would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Susan

If I recall, a day return ticket was about US$10.

The castle entrance fee was a bit less.

An interesting day trip, DESPITE the silly marketing of it as the castle of a non-existant person.

Scandlines:

Adults: 31.00 SEK single / 60.00 SEK return

Children/Seniors (65+): 19.00 SEK single / 36.00 SEK return

before June 10, 2010 and after September 6, 2010 each journey is 1 SEK cheaper.

http://www.scandlines.se/farja/priser/helsingborg-helsingor/

TT-Lines:

same prices:

http://www.hhferries.se/Priser%20personbil%20vid%20biljettk%C3%B6p%20i%20hamn-643.aspx

The third line Sundbusserne/ACE Link went bancrupt earlier this year.

For Kronborg you find all ticket prices here:

http://www.ses.dk/en/SlotteOgHaver/Slotte/Kronborg/Priser.aspx

varies - to the number of sights you like to see.

Regards

HeinBloed

• 3 months later...

This is sort of in response to an old post but having just returned from a cruise that stopped in Helsingborg I thought I would use it to point out that a ships tour is not needed if you want to visit the Kronberg castle across the water in Helsingore Denmark.

As was pointed out the castle is marketed as the 'Hamlet' castle as it was the inspiration for the king's castle in the Shakespeare play.

Even though the king didn't actually exist this is still an interesting place to visit as the true story of the castle and its inhabitants gives one an insight into the history of that part of the world. There is also a maritime museum with exhibits from the past to the present and a chance to walk up the narrow stairs to the top of the tower.

After visiting the opulent palaces and castles in St. Petersburg, Kronberg is also an interesting contrast and possibly more realistic picture of royal life in the middle ages and later.

Our stop in Helsingore was only about 6 hours but this is more than enough time to visit.

If you can walk a few blocks, are independent and have a watch then I suggest you save yourself some money and enjoy the trip on your own or with other like minded passengers you met on the ship.

To get to the Helsingore ferry you simply walk south about 3 blocks to the ferry stop which is upstairs in the train station in Helsingborg. The ferries run every 20 minutes so if you miss one its a short wait. The return tickets are bought there. We used Swedish Kroner but they probably also take Danish kroner and credit cards. The ferry trip is short but there are restaurants, shops and duty free shopping on board.

As you sail over to Denmark you will see the castle on the Starboard side so when you land in Helsingore simply walk from the train station along the water to the castle - about 6 blocks.

You purchase an admission ticket (we used Danish Kroner) and you can enjoy the castle at your own pace. There are guided tours in English at certain times. We joined one that started at 1:30 but after a bit decided to tour on our own.

After a few hours we returned to Helsingborg on the ferry with lots of time to explore the Swedish side and catch the tender back to the ship.

The return cost for the ferry is equal to about $7.80 USD. The entrance fee to the castle is about $15 USD.

I can't access the ships tour cost anymore but I'm sure its a lot more than $23.00 for the privilege of having a bus take you to and from the ferry.

913056372_SWmAd-L.jpg

913053451_Xp6qW-L.jpg

913047915_iJ42Q-L.jpg

Archived