Same day PWS tour? June 7

knitterbetty

Coming in late Sunday 7/6 for next day Island princess PM sailing. Taking Alaskan RR to whittier, 10 AM. Old but active Old lady, 82, so decided maybe will be too tired to take Major Marine tour starting around one. Is there a possibility of vacancy, so if I decide to go there's space? Thanks!

Coming in late Sunday 7/6 for next day Island princess PM sailing. Taking Alaskan RR to whittier, 10 AM. Old but active Old lady, 82, so decided maybe will be too tired to take Major Marine tour starting around one. Is there a possibility of vacancy, so if I decide to go there's space? Thanks!

From what I have read so far this shouldn't be very taxing. Train stops you near the dock and the Major Marine tour starts from there. As for availability, you should call or send email to Major Marine. Kelli and Anastasia ( from Major Marine) are very very helpful and answered all my questions before I booked my tour. There is a 2 for 1 Northern Light coupon for this tour.

Betty, some of us on our roll call are taking cruises that day. I'm booked on the 6 hour Wilderness cruise with PWS but you have to take the shuttle, cuz the train arrives too late to do it. With the train, you could do the 4 hour. While on the cruise, you can just sit and enjoy the scenery or you can go to the ship and sit there--Obviously we voted for the scenery! Especially given that our first 2 days are glacier, not port days, I would go for it.

Archived