RCCL transfer from LAX to San Pedro ??

(I am posting this question here since I am hoping I will get a quicker response here vs the West Coast departure board.)

Has anyone used the RCCL transfer from LAX to San Pedro and return? Specifically, from LAX to San Pedro - do we have to wait until luggage is unloaded from bus, claim it and then schlep it to a porter? Or are there dedicated porters who will off load the luggage and take it directly to be taken to the ship?

I know many will advise to use Super Shuttle, etc, and I appreciate your advice on that, but I do want to know specifically about how RCCL handles the luggage off their transfer bus.

Thanks

I've not taken a transfer bus to this port, as we always drive. However, I can tell you that we never have to schlep our bags at this port at all. We drop off the bags at the terminal right from the trunk of our car and a porter takes them right there.

I do think that if I were on a transfer bus, I'd still want to know my bags made it off the bus. I'd wait and watch as they are off-loaded. I have seen that the same porters take the bags from buses and cars, there are no "dedicated" porters for buses only.

I have no idea the cost of RCI tranfers, but unless it is under $17 each way per person, it's more costly than a shuttle.

We simply won't use cruise line transfers again(any cruise line, any airport), we're too antsy to wait around for them.

If you take the RCCL transfers, they unload all of the luggage from the bus before you are allowed off the bus.

Let me just say, that having used RCCL transfers from LAX there I would NEVER recommend using them at LAX. There is absolutely no advantage to using transfers at LAX - after we were met at baggage claim we then were made to walk to another terminal to meet a few other passengers and wait 2 hours for the transfer bus to take us to the pier. So we got to pay extra to wait and schlep our luggage all over the place.

If you take the RCCL transfers, they unload all of the luggage from the bus before you are allowed off the bus.

Let me just say, that having used RCCL transfers from LAX there I would NEVER recommend using them at LAX. There is absolutely no advantage to using transfers at LAX - after we were met at baggage claim we then were made to walk to another terminal to meet a few other passengers and wait 2 hours for the transfer bus to take us to the pier. So we got to pay extra to wait and schlep our luggage all over the place.

I agree, had the same situation with the Royal Caribbean transfer at LAX. As the OP stated would happen, I have to say that I always use SuperShuttle to get to/from San Pedro.

Archived