Coki Beach vs. Trunk Bay (St. Johns) - What's better?

rsharma1033

Hi,

We're travelling to St. Thomas at the end of May. We're a family of 7 (5 adults, a 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old).

I've looked at both Trunk Bay and Coki beach and can't decide. I've read the reviews and see that coki beach has great snorkelling and has Coral World there for the kids. I also see that Trunk bay has a really cool looking snorkel trail.

What beach would you say is nicer and has better snorkelling? Coki beach seems good because of Coral world but just wondering if we'd have fun at Trunk Bay.

Are there other beaches that have better snorkelling or are better beaches?

We're coming in on a cruise and have 7-6pm (cruise ship time there). Could we do both?

Thanks.

Niether. Coki is very crowded on days when a few ships are in and the beach isn't that big to begin with.

Trunk Bay is on St. John, not St. JohnS and it too can get crowded, plus the reef there was pretty dead last time I was there. Too many tourists touching things they shouldn't touch, or standing on the coral when they shouldn't. Also the trip over to St. John needs to be timed right. No problem getting there via taxi to Red Hook and the ferry, but miss that ferry coming back and you're SOL. Personally, I like to enjoy myself on vacation and not have to worry if I am going to make it back in time.

I would suggest Secret Harbor. Easy access via taxi, chairs can be rented at the dive shop, restroom facilities and a resturant. Decent snorkling on either side of the beach by the rocks.

Scott

Archived