Hotel near Overseas Passinger Terminal

jfadra

We are cruising on the Dawn Princess on the 1st of October and have decided to fly up from Melbourne the day before. Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Old Sydney Hotel and how far is it to the terminal. Would also appreciate hearing about other hotels near the Terminal.

The Hotel is not too bad, very handy to OPT nice pool on the roof where you can look down on the ship, bar downstairs is good place for pre cruise drinks, B/fast very expensive but there are places close by to eat.

On departure day you can walk down the stairs to OPT.

Regards Bob

Hi Joan

Have a great cruise- are you cruising with Maureen?

Di

Hi Di....Maureen will not be with me for this cruise as my husband and I are going with my Son and his family...also a few of their friends. See you are going again in October......Have a great time.

Joan

Hi Joan, Bob and Di, (my cruising friends from Rhapsody 2008)

I’m very interested in this thread as I’m looking for accommodation in Sydney for two nights in June. This time it’s for a footy trip for three Magpie fans to see Collingwood play Sydney.

We’re looking for somewhere central, but not too expensive, so thanks for the suggestions of Holiday Inn Old Sydney Hotel and the Marriott. I’ll certainly look them up!

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Thanks

Angela

We stayed at the Westin hotel last December and got a really good deal from the hot deals segment on Getaway, we paid $200 a night with breakfast, which for December was the price a 3 star hotel. The going rate was nearly $400 a night. The room accommodated the four of us, and was so big and had a really large bathroom, and we stayed on the 27th floor with some harbour views. It didn't cost much to get a taxi to the OPT either.

Keep an eye out on Getaway and ring straight away when they advertise deals, as some of the deals are really good. The deals are usually for the next 3 months.

Many thanks for all your help. Old Sydney Inn seems the closest and make sure you barrack for me as well when you go to see the magpies play in Sydney Angela. What a great game on Sunday lets hope they keep playing that well.

Joan.

Thanks Australian Family. I'll look the Westin up too and keep watching for deals.

Nice to hear from you Joan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good season! Go Pies!

Angela

G'day all, BTW we booked the Old Sydney Nov 31 2009 thru Hotel club and got the room for $99, I dont know that I would pay the rack rate for this hotel. For our next cruise 17 Dec 2009 we got Novotel Darling Harbour for $99 much better rooms and hotel , the moral is check all the specials on the web

Regards Bob

Archived