minor ?s

ascend

ok. i have read a large number of posts on here so i feel ready for my first disney cruise. (4/25 4-day wonder) It's just 2 adults(mid 30's) so i was wondering how busy the adults only section would be.

-also why can't i make a reservation @ Palo? do you think I'll be able to make one on the ship without missing pirate night?

- room 6143 - can't find any reviews on it anywhere. any help is great and thanks in advance. after all tehresearch i've done on here (and a bit of charm) i'm hoping I can somehow get an upgrade.

-jetski tour - we have our own skis and just want to ride while we are there. anyone know how good it is and if it's really worth it?

since we are all kids at heart on here and all of you have great advice, is there anything else that i'm missing? thank to all of you frequent possters. your experience has given me much inshight and excitement for our cruise next month. I plan on seeing and doing as much as possible and maybe getting some rest too. wait...that's what the ride home is for! :)

ok. i have read a large number of posts on here so i feel ready for my first disney cruise. (4/25 4-day wonder) It's just 2 adults(mid 30's) so i was wondering how busy the adults only section would be.

-also why can't i make a reservation @ Palo? do you think I'll be able to make one on the ship without missing pirate night?

- room 6143 - can't find any reviews on it anywhere. any help is great and thanks in advance. after all tehresearch i've done on here (and a bit of charm) i'm hoping I can somehow get an upgrade.

-jetski tour - we have our own skis and just want to ride while we are there. anyone know how good it is and if it's really worth it?

since we are all kids at heart on here and all of you have great advice, is there anything else that i'm missing? thank to all of you frequent possters. your experience has given me much inshight and excitement for our cruise next month. I plan on seeing and doing as much as possible and maybe getting some rest too. wait...that's what the ride home is for! :)

I can answer your Palos question, and the adults question.

1st Palos, Im assuming you mean the 2010 cruise, so its possible at this moment that Palos is already booked.My suggestion would be to get to the terminal early, and ask what time and where Palos is taking reservation changes. Go to that location, an see what they have.They usually have a few spots open up for 1 reason or another.

The adults only sections arent bad with crowds especially on the island.Theres plenty of room,even before the isalnd upgrade to accomodate the extra guests on the Dream class ships.

One other thing I would suggest, would be to get one of the many DCL cruise guides that are out there. Passporter, Birnbaums, Frommers are good ones. They are handy in figuring out what is where and when and a ball park on pricing.Dont rely on them for the prices as prices do change.

If you get on the ship and first head to WaveBands - or wherever they are doing dining changes - and they have no openings, ask to be put on a waitlist. We have had success doing that. I hope you have a great cruise!

About your stateroom....

6143 is aft on deck 6 and that my favorite location. I like it because we can go up or down the aft staircase and get where we need to go quickly. When we want to go to the spa or nightclubs we usually go down the stairs to deck 5 and walk across the ship, since the spa/nightclubs are forward. Once you get to the aft elevators it is a wider hallway - you will pass the Beuna Vista Theatre then the Nursery and then Oceaners club. Then you can go down the forward staircase to deck 3. We also like to go up to deck 9 and walk across the ship outside and then take the forward elevator when the weather is pretty. When we go to the dining rooms, it's just 3 decks down the stairs and you are there! (Slight walk to Parrot Cay). As to the actual condition of the stateroom, I don't know. I have been in 6639 which is on the starboard side - 6143 is on the port side and just a few rooms back. It was a nice room in good condition. I do know that since you have only staterooms above and below you, it should be a quiet cabin. It also helps that it is so far aft you won't have much hallway noise either. It is also easier during the lifeboat drill, unless things have changed, you'll head down the staircase and your muster station will be in Animators Palate. If you get there early you'll get to sit down- always a plus in my book.

I hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks a bunch! My sched. is limited with time off from work and we found this cruise and it totally works! plus, we got it at a steal of a deal. I was assuming that Palo had extra spots and since some people will either change or cancel their resevation I figured we stood a good chance of getting in. We dont plan on spening much time in the room anyway. It seems like its in a god spot and as long as it's away from the noise. We're looking forward to our trip and I know that there will be so much going on, I would be OK with missing some stuff but dont want to miss and of the highlights. Not to mention i found a bunch of great tips on here with things we didnt even know that they did! I think i got pretty much everythig covered. (minus a small notebook with all the tips from here to bring onboard)

Has anyone take the jetski tour at CC?

and

we can bring or own snorkel grear too right?

I haven't taken the jetski tour so I can't help with that but yes, you can bring your own snorkel gear.

My first cruise I realized after day 1 I couldn't do everything I wanted to, there was just too much going on. :)

Regarding Palo's, they were very accommodating on our recent cruise. We had booked Tuesday night reservations, but were unable to get a table for 4 with the couple we were travelling with. They ended up with a table for 2 at 8 and we had a 6:15 reservation. I completely forgot to go wherever to change it on Saturday, when we got on the ship. We didn't remember until Sunday night. They were very helpful and got us a table together on Tuesday night at 7:30pm.

Be flexible with the available times...it is totally worth it!!!

Thanks! it's a well deserved vacation. we're totally flexable. We'll be on a boat where else can o go. i'll do dinner whenever whereever they tell me too. I doubt i'll be wearing mouse ears but we plan on enjoying everyminute of the trip. I read that alot of trip to CC have been cancelled due to weather. That woudl really suck but, we're gonna make the best of it.

And the brunch is that good at Palo too? should we skip room service or breakfast and also try to get in the from brunch?

And the brunch is that good at Palo too?

Brunch is amazing, IMHO. I like it better than the dinner (although my husband would disagree about that). It's harder to get a reservation because they only do it on the one sea day. Highly recommend trying, though.

As far as dinner goes, you shouldn't have any problem if you go right away to get it.

Archived