Jean in the MDR?

CRUISING71

How about leave the khaki's home and bring the jeans:D I really don't think it is 80 to 90 degrees inside the ship......do you:confused:

Really!

Wear the jeans. Be sure to make an effort and pair them with a nice shirt and nice shoes. I've seen people in jeans that look WAY better than those that wore khakis.

Khakis may be cooler for some, but not all people. I am very comfortable wearing jeans all year long and I live in Texas.

Jeans will make your suitcase heavier:D

I told DH he could leave his suit home, he is very happy.

DH and DS (age 15) will bring two pairs of slacks and two shirts to ware with ties and a couple of collared shirts. Sorry I don't want them to wear jeans and T's to dinner.

They wear jeans to the ship and home.

Did anybody ask Jean if she wanted to go on the cruise in the first place? Maybe she wants to eat at the buffet? And I don't think she really wants to be cut off.

I was sooooo tempted to do this!

Yes, but then we are subject to that jean sweat smell. :eek:

Only on those that don't wash their jeans on a regular basis. I've smelled some really rank people wearing shorts.

However, I would agree with you if they are my barn jeans. Then again, my barn jeans aren't appropriate for anywhere other than the barn. They would never go on a cruise with me.

Only on those that don't wash their jeans on a regular basis.

However, I would agree with you if they are my barn jeans. Then again, my barn jeans aren't appropriate for anywhere other than the barn. They would never go on a cruise with me.

Maybe not you, but I've seen and smelled barn jeans on board. One time I saw a guy in overalls trying to go in the MDR.

According to the Carnival dress guideline, you can wear jean to the MDR except for elegant night. But you can't wear cut off jean? Is cut off jean and capri jean are the same thing?

Can I get away with nice, clean capri jean? Of course no hole or ragged.

you really do not know the difference between cutoffs and capris?

:confused:

According to the Carnival dress guideline, you can wear jean to the MDR except for elegant night. But you can't wear cut off jean? Is cut off jean and capri jean are the same thing?

Can I get away with nice, clean capri jean? Of course no hole or ragged.

They mean when you take your ragged old jeans and cut them off and make shorts out of them, clean capris are not cut offs.

Also it says you can wear shorts, they just don't want the ragged things.

No wife beater shirts either:D JK

Carole

[QUOTE=Cruisin'Trooper;23721565]Wow - Never seen Jeans? We see them on EVERY cruise we take and are amazed each time that nobody at the hostess stand says a word to the cut off jeans, shorts, flip flops, tank tops, etc.[/QUOTE]

can't upset the clientele. They might get upset and never cruise on CCL again. Bottom line and all that ya know.;)

Bill

[quote name='kyrisong1']They mean when you take your ragged old jeans and cut them off and make shorts out of them, clean capris are not cut offs.
Also it says you can wear shorts, they just don't want the ragged things.
No wife beater shirts either:D JK
Carole[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]What's wrong with wife beaters? Works for the Kid:rolleyes:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2002/Dec/10/islandlife2_b.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Traveler353'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]What's wrong with wife beaters? Works for the Kid:rolleyes:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2002/Dec/10/islandlife2_b.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Nothing works for that grease ball........

YES, wear them (long ones) with stilletos and a hot top and don't think twice about it!

[quote name='CRUISING71']According to the Carnival dress guideline, you can wear jean to the MDR except for elegant night. But you can't wear cut off jean? Is cut off jean and capri jean are the same thing?

Can I get away with nice, clean capri jean? Of course no hole or ragged.[/quote]

[quote name='steveaaaaa']Wow, do you have mommy issues? Are you not capable of reading the dress code and seeing what is allowed?Or do you need your mommy's permission or imput to do that.
Jeans are allowed.

Steve[/quote]

I don't need Mom permission, but after hearing what she said...it makes sense. She said "I know you are on vacation, but wouldn't it be nice after a day of sun, you return to room and change into something nice to have dinner with the family?".

I guess it wouldn't hurt.

[quote name='Traveler353'][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]What's wrong with wife beaters? Works for the Kid:rolleyes:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2002/Dec/10/islandlife2_b.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

That is a designer Italian dinner shirt from the Sonny Corleone collection.

Jeans have been allowed since the day Carnival ran the Marti Gras aground leaving Miami on their first cruise. They are still allowed. [I have never worn them on a cruise, but they are allowed.]

Jeans ARE jeans!

Capri's are capris, no matter what they're made of.

Cut offs are shorts!

Whom did not know that??

[quote name='dan40']Jeans have been allowed since the day Carnival ran the Marti Gras aground leaving Miami on their first cruise. They are still allowed. [I have never worn them on a cruise, but they are allowed.]

Jeans ARE jeans!

Capri's are capris, no matter what they're made of.

Cut offs are shorts!

Whom did not know that??[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]The OP;)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived