Anyone taken the subway to Long Beach?

vigilAnthony

It's booked! April 26 I'm rocking the Paradise! I live in LA next to a Metro station and would rather take the subway instead of having to pay for parking. I'm never down in Long Beach so I'm not too familiar with the area but $1.25 each way vs $15 a day sounds like a winner to me!

Has anyone done this before and could offer some tips?

Get off the Blue Line at Longbeach Transit Mall and get on the Longbeach Passport Bus at the same place (I think the "C" line) and it will take you to the Cruise Terminal for no charge. Really a great way to get around Downtown Longbeach.

Garmar73

Get off the Blue Line at Longbeach Transit Mall and get on the Longbeach Passport Bus at the same place (I think the "C" line) and it will take you to the Cruise Terminal for no charge. Really a great way to get around Downtown Longbeach.

Garmar73

Cool Garmar that's what I wanted to here! Thanks!

I had no idea that LA HAD a subway. Gosh- does it go any where near Burbank AP? Subways are good- no traffic jams.

Yeah a subway in LA? I can think of one place I don't want to be when the big one hits. But the Red Line ends (or starts in this case) in North Hollywood and is less than 4 miles from Burbank Airport. You can take the Red Line to Union Station, transfer to the Blue Line and that takes you to Long Beach. There is also a subway station at LAX, the Green Line, and that connects to the Blue Line as well.

spencercoop - you're right, I should have done that instead. I'm pretty new to this forum but I should have known better from hanging around other forums.

Archived