Galveston RCI Embark Questions

amyaphiiz

Hi all! This is my first post (but I'm a long time lurker ;)). DH and I are leaving on Sunday out of Galveston on RCI (this is my 3rd cruise, his 4th, our 2nd as a couple) and we have a few questions about the Galveston terminal.

1 - What time should we get to the terminal? (We like to be on the boat starting our trip as early as possible!).

2 - Also, are there any fast food restaurants near the terminal? We'll be dropped off by my parents and our 2 DDs so we'd like to have options for them for lunch (since they'll probably fall asleep on the way back to Houston).

Thanks for the help! Can't WAIT for Sunday!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

From what I have read here on CC, it appears to me that the best time to arrive is about 10:30, as long as your ship docked as scheduled that morning.

There are no fast food places that I am aware of in close proximity, but there are a few restaurants very near the terminal. Fisherman's Wharf and Willie G's Seafood & Steakhouse come to mind.

There are many of fast food restaurants on Broadway, the road that you will take as you leave the island to get on the causeway back to the mainland. It is just a few miles from the cruise terminal.

This board has been a wealth of information for me, and I am sure others can give you more information and/or other opinions in response to your questions.

Patty in Houston

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

From what I have read here on CC, it appears to me that the best time to arrive is about 10:30, as long as your ship docked as scheduled that morning.

There are no fast food places that I am aware of in close proximity, but there are a few restaurants very near the terminal. Fisherman's Wharf and Willie G's Seafood & Steakhouse come to mind.

There are many of fast food restaurants on Broadway, the road that you will take as you leave the island to get on the causeway back to the mainland. It is just a few miles from the cruise terminal.

This board has been a wealth of information for me, and I am sure others can give you more information and/or other opinions in response to your questions.

Patty in Houston

----------------------------------------------------------

It is just a few miles from the cruise terminal.

Correction

Broadway is only a few blocks from terminal 3/4 or so mile straight up 25st.

Island is only 2 miles wide at terminal to Seawall on Gulf.

----------------------------------------------------------

It is just a few miles from the cruise terminal.

Correction

Broadway is only a few blocks from terminal 3/4 or so mile straight up 25st.

Island is only 2 miles wide at terminal to Seawall on Gulf.

You are right...I checked the maps and it appears to be about 12 blocks away. I knew it was close...just did not realize it was that close...I stand corrected! Thank you.

Patty in Houston

Archived