Nassau Half day Sail and Snorkel trip???

rjm11

Has anyone done the 1/2 Sail and Snorkel trip through Barefoot or Island Marketing Ltd? Looks like the same trip, just two different ways to book. I'm thinking it might be a less-crowded alternative to the cruise ship-sponsored snorkel trips....

Or if not, are there any private snorkel trips you WOULD recommend? I'll be in port from 8-5 in early June (on a Saturday with 6 other ships apparently!!!)

thanks!

If you decide do it on your own, I would highly recommend looking into Stuart Cove - http://www.stuartcove.com They offer a 3 stop snorkeling trip with the last stop being a shark feeding/snorkeling. We did it last year and had a blast! They are very good people.

My underwater camera failed, but I have some pictures from our snorkel trip here - http://travel.webshots.com/album/574377873slBHiR?start=36

I really like the Stuart's Cove suggestion... but they state that they pick up at the cruise ship docks at 8:15. My boat is scheduled to dock at 8:00- would I be able to make this meeting time?

I don't know how long your ship is in port, but there is and afternoon excursion as well. I have pictures from the Stuart Cove excursion at the webshots link in my signature. Unfortunately our next cruise does not dock in Nassau until 1:00.

The pickup times are approx. The Stuart Cove bus picks up scuba divers at the cruise docks for the ship sponsored excursion. All you will need to do is call or email the reservations office. Let them know the day/time you will arrive in Nassau & how many snorkelers are in your party, and they will arrange for you all to be picked up with the divers from the ship.

Excellent pictures kirbmeister! I can't wait to go back in September.

• 2 weeks later...
If you decide do it on your own, I would highly recommend looking into Stuart Cove - http://www.stuartcove.com They offer a 3 stop snorkeling trip with the last stop being a shark feeding/snorkeling. We did it last year and had a blast! They are very good people.

My underwater camera failed, but I have some pictures from our snorkel trip here - http://travel.webshots.com/album/574377873slBHiR?start=36

Do they require you to wear a life vest? I am a strong swimmer and would like to swim under the water so I was just wondering if they made you wear one. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done the 1/2 Sail and Snorkel trip through Barefoot or Island Marketing Ltd? Looks like the same trip, just two different ways to book. I'm thinking it might be a less-crowded alternative to the cruise ship-sponsored snorkel trips....

Or if not, are there any private snorkel trips you WOULD recommend? I'll be in port from 8-5 in early June (on a Saturday with 6 other ships apparently!!!)

thanks!

it's a good excursion, just the father needs to be a little more friendly and involved with passengers. The water was amazing, how many different colors, etc.

have fun if you do it

Nina

Archived