The only bad thing about taking a cruise is...

Luv2Travelnow

On my first cruise ever, 5 days, last week, I missed my Crawfish nights at Pappa Deaux!!!

But I made up for that. Last night I ate 4 lbs of deliciously dirty and spicy crawfish.

Why don't they have fresh boiled crawfish on Carnival ships during Mardi Gras!!! :D:D:D:D

IMO the only bad thing about taking a cruise is when they kick you off the boat and make you go back to reality! ;)

That too!!!

I had all my wishes fulfilled on my cruise last week, except for my craving for delicious crawfish. Crawfish & beer, on a cruise, would be a dream come true!!! :D :D

On my first cruise ever, 5 days, last week, I missed my Crawfish nights at Pappa Deaux!!!

But I made up for that. Last night I ate 4 lbs of deliciously dirty and spicy crawfish.

Why don't they have fresh boiled crawfish on Carnival ships during Mardi Gras!!! :D:D:D:D

Not to worry. I ate your fill last Friday night at Crawfishtown in the heart of Acadiana!!!:D:D

OK go ahead and laugh or yell if you want- but I'm a New England girl and grew up on Maine lobster- I can slide out the tail meat intact in under 5 seconds and love all shellfish but....

HOW do you eat crawfish? Is there an easy way? I want to eat them- I've tried once when I took a few at a buffet restaurant- I couldn't break them open- what's the technique?

Kathy

OK go ahead and laugh or yell if you want- but I'm a New England girl and grew up on Maine lobster- I can slide out the tail meat intact in under 5 seconds and love all shellfish but....

HOW do you eat crawfish? Is there an easy way? I want to eat them- I've tried once when I took a few at a buffet restaurant- I couldn't break them open- what's the technique?

Kathy

Twist the head and tail. After that grab the tail with your left hand and squeeze the shell together. Grab the bottom of the tail with your right hand while yu peel the top part with your left to reveal some of the meat. Once the meat is exposed, take your left hand and grab the meat while squeezing the bottom of the tail with your right. If done correctly, the meat should slide out of the tail. Also has to be boiled correctly. It will take some practice. Enjoy!!:)

Kathy

Uh, buffet crawfish is junk. I wouldn't eat them for free.

Pappa Deaux cooks them the right way, and once you've tasted them you can never go back.

These are my favorite food. On the cruise formal night, with the lobster, I was secretly wishing for crawfish instead. :p

The worst this is waiting for it.

And they have the special seasoning which they WILL NOT tell you what is in it! Trust me, I have asked. So I always have them give me two large to go containers full of it. That aint no Tonys!

Uh, buffet crawfish is junk. I wouldn't eat them for free.

Pappa Deaux cooks them the right way, and once you've tasted them you can never go back.

These are my favorite food. On the cruise formal night, with the lobster, I was secretly wishing for crawfish instead. :p

Kathy

Break the tail part off and hold it in one hand - head in the other hand. First squeeze the head tight and put yout mouth to the open part and suck the juice out (only the juice - not the yellow guts!). Then squeeze the tip of the tail right where the meat ends - squeeze/pinch it tight and kind of "puncture" the bottom with your thumb nail - this will loosen the meat from the shell. While doing this, bite the meat that is sticking out of the other end...and then just pull with your teeth. It should slide right out.

That's where the term "suck the heads and pinch the tails" came from. :D

This info provided by a New Orleans native and Ragin' Cajun graduate!

Ashley :)

Break the tail part off and hold it in one hand - head in the other hand. First squeeze the head tight and put yout mouth to the open part and suck the juice out (only the juice - not the yellow guts!). Then squeeze the tip of the tail right where the meat ends - squeeze/pinch it tight and kind of "puncture" the bottom with your thumb nail - this will loosen the meat from the shell. While doing this, bite the meat that is sticking out of the other end...and then just pull with your teeth. It should slide right out.

That's where the term "suck the heads and pinch the tails" came from. :D

This info provided by a New Orleans native and Ragin' Cajun graduate!

Ashley :)

Oh barf!!:eek:

What do crawfish taste like? I have had shrimp, clams, crab, etc. Does it taste like any of those? Crawfish aren't something you eat around here, but they do have it at Popeyes (gross)

What do crawfish taste like? I have had shrimp, clams, crab, etc. Does it taste like any of those? Crawfish aren't something you eat around here, but they do have it at Popeyes (gross)

It's almost impossible to describe the flavor. It's an explosion of goodness, from a mild bitterness, to the sweet buttery flavor of the juice, to the spicyness of the sauce.

Once you've had it, you will be addicted. But it's soooo hard to describe. Kind of like trying to describe making love - you just can't do justice, until you've had it yourself. :D:D

Couple thoughts:

- Worst part is they end.

- Port visits are rushed.

- something always go awry. Just ignore it and have fun.s

- the bill at the end

- the chair hog

- Lots of fat people. Where do you think they got the theme for Wall-E

Archived