Oasis spa prices

Has anyone had a facial done? How much, was it worth having it done, what products do they use?

We had a "special" facial, wrap, massage compbination and while I thought the price was comparable to a spa ashore, I really did not think it was very good, and the especially hard sell afterwards for products was very off-putting. We did not go near the spa again after that. I think they use the Elemis brand (not sure of the spelling)

I had a facial (Elemis - above poster is correct) - and it was wonderful. I think it always ends up depending on who you get, but the massages and facial I got were all really amazing. I went for the Volume discount plan...:)

Tell them upfront you will tip them only if they do not try to sell you anything after. Very easy and it works. ;)

LOL! What a great idea! Thank you for this "tip" -- I'll bet it works very well indeed.

There's little worse than a great, relaxing massge, then being coralled to buy things you know you don't want, and escaping the room in ill-fitting slippers and a see-though gown!

Tell them upfront you will tip them only if they do not try to sell you anything after. Very easy and it works. ;)

You know the tip is included in the price, right? I went to book a spa treatment and they added the 15% tip into the price I was paying.:eek:

The spa prices for the June cruise range from $65-$299. The low end includes mani/pedi's and the high end is for a couples massage. I think a single massage was around $150.

However, on my last RC cruise, they had "port day" specials. I got a full body deep tissue massage and facial for $100. So if ur thinking of staying onboard on one of those days, it be worth checking out.

Hope this helps...

Personally, I'm gonna wait until I get onboard and hope that they offer port day specials again. I've been to two of the ports already and wouldn't mind staying onboard and getting a half-price spa treatment!!

I figure, even if they don't offer any specials...then I'm still in the same boat (no pun intended)....I'll just pay the listed price. So, its worth a try!:cool:

I booked ahead for the $200 facial and massage and then jumped on the special when I was on board. There were two versions, one was $99 or $109 for a massage and facial -- shorter than the $200 version, the second was mix and match 20 minute treatments. The same person who does the massage does the facial and I have to say both times the massage was way better than the facial. They basically just rub your face for 20 minutes, no extractions, etc. Spa was nice but a little spartan, no shampoo or conditioner in the showers, no freebies you would find in most spas, eg no disposable razors, mouth wash, combs, Q tips. etc. When I was done with my 1 1/2 treatment I wanted to shower, wash my hair, etc. and all there was was some regular and flavored body wash. Had to ask for shampoo and conditioner which someone dug out of a cabinet. First person I had didnt try and sell me anything, second one did but I told her I wasnt interested and she backed off. I know they have an intro to spa session where they show you around, etc. Also, if you go, leave time to do the thermal spa which is free if you do a treatment. That is amazing. Two aromatherapy steam rooms, sauna, rain shower and the best, heated lounge chairs. Those alone were worth the price of admission.

• 2 months later...

Can someone who's been on the Oasis recently, comment on whether or not the spa offers specials on those days that the ship is in port?

If affirmative, and you waited to book a treatment until you were aboard and wanted to take advantage of one of these specials, was an appointment easy to get?

Thanks, in advance. Between all the bars and specialty dining options, I'm trying to save a few bucks if I can.

KNow what would be great to know?

if anyone happens to have the days of the specials on board each day. I'm assuming cruise compasses will have that. I wonder if they change their special from cruise to cruise or if the specials are pretty much the same depending on your itinerary? Then you could book the type of spa treatment knowing what day the special is.

A fellow CC'er is posting all Compasses and other documents as cruisers send them to him (check it out at http://www.cruisedocs.com).

I just perused the Western Compasses from the May 1 sailing, and didn't see anything about %-off specials in the spa. There is an occasional 'Ladies Night' special, runs 3:00pm - 10:00pm, that offers back/neck/shoulder/scalp/foot/ankle massage, mini-facial, glass of champagne for $99; you can upgrade the massage to hot stones for another $20. It does not say how long the treatment takes (60 minutes? 90 minutes?).

Aren't the '50% off on port day' specials advertised seperately? That is, outside of the Compass? Seems like we're always getting tons of paper/coupons every day. It would certainly give the spa flexibility, should they find themselves short of appointments, to advertise them on an 'as needed' basis.

It did occur to me, though, that they don't offer these kinds of specials on itineraries where so many people (like me, probably) don't even get off the ship.

Surely someone who's just back can comment on this?

Archived