Parking

Waycoolrob

I have parked at Mission Brewery Airport Parking several times and have been happy with them. They are near the pier and will shuttle you. When you arrive back in San Diego you call them and they come and get you. They have been prompt and courteous. They charge $7 a day if you book on line and print their coupon, which you give to the attendant at the lot. The lot across the street from the pier is an open lot and convenient. I parked there once, but they are $15 per day.

Here is the "official" information on parking from the Port District:

http://www.sandiegocruiseport.com/san-diego-cruise-tips.html

You can also use any of these discounted airport remote parking sites:

http://www.longtermparking.com/california.htm#SDA

I fly in and out of San Diego all the time and always use the Mission Brewery lot (their discount rate has recently gone up to $8/day). No complaints, and significantly less expensive than the lot across the street (which will disappear someday soon when they start the Embarcadero Redevelopment Project).

Here is the website for San Diego paking coupons: http://www.longtermparking.com/airportparking/sandiegoairportparking.htm

All of the parking lots that use shuttles, drop you off right at the porter baggage area. The port parking lot is across the street from the ship, you have to walk across the street.

The best lots is the Park & Go on Pacific and the Mission Brewery. Both have coupons. For piece of mind, make a reservation.

Great photo! Straight across the parking lot at the center of the picture is a 2-story white structure with a red tile roof and a belfry at the right end. That's the Amtrak depot....(note "Santa Fe" on the roof). People ask about the distance now and then, the photo is worth a thousand words!

Just keep in mind that that lot is slotted for closing and development into buildings as part of our Embarcadero Redevelopment Project. No definite time yet, but likely to be in the next year or so.

:mad: that's my favorite parking lot. I hate taking shuttles and having to wait at the curb for a shuttle to come along. I want to be on my own time schedule and if the parking lot that is walking distance goes away, then I'll be forced to do the shuttle. :(

Just keep in mind that that lot is slotted for closing and development into buildings as part of our Embarcadero Redevelopment Project. No definite time yet, but likely to be in the next year or so.

Archived