cozumel snorkel

cary1306

like to hear from people who have done this. how much is taxi to Playa Palancar beach club?what is the cost to enter the beach? and heard that the snorkel to the palanear reef is every 2 hours that included or extra and do you guarentee a seat on boat out there? i have my own snorkel so don't need .

like to hear from people who have done this. how much is taxi to Playa Palancar beach club?
$20 to $25 for up to 4 people in a taxi each way depending on which pier your ship uses.

What is the cost to enter the beach?
No enterance fee.

and heard that the snorkel to the palanear reef is every 2 hours that included or extra and do you guarentee a seat on boat out there? i have my own snorkel so don't need .
I don't think it is a guaranteed thing for them to go out every 2 hours. I think they are more inclined to only go when they have enough to make the trip worthwhile. I doubt they'd make the trip with only 1 person. The snorkel trip is extra, $35 per person.

Their website ----> http://buceopalancar.com/index_en.html

Just wanted to give my thoughts on the Palancar excursion...We, a family of four adults took this trip and were VERY happy with it! It is free to get into the "park". Once you are there you just go up to one of the places of info and ask for the snorkeling tour. It's $30 (or $35) pp. You can leave your belongings in a safe or take it with you on the boat. We took our stuff with us and it was all okay but you have to wade out to the boat to get onto the boat and if you are short like I am I actually swam a little, you may not want to bring your stuff. You won't need your stuff anyway...we had our own snorkel gear and they provide a small flat flotation device to wear- nothing too bad but you can use their snorkeling gear. Louie who was our guide was GREAT. There was a young man in the group who goes regularly to take pics for people to purchase after...about $25 for a cd.

We saw LOTS of different fish along with a barracuda, a shark, a sea turtle, a sting ray and a manta ray...it was GREAT!!

You can take a taxi for just a couple of dollars but we had a rented car which goes for about $35 a day...we weren't on a cruise...we stayed on the island at a Bed n Breakfast which I totally recommend (Alicia's Bed n Breakfast) We had a wonderful time and there are plenty of "free" spots to snorkel... Corona is before Palancar and all you do to snorkel there is buy any kind of drink!

Highly recommend Palancar!!

Hope this helpful :)

Archived