Riverside Hotel Fort Lauderdale

cjar855

You might find more on te floriday departures board. It is in a nice area to walk and explore. You still need a decent taxi ride to port. We had a bad experience there but, they did comp our room service breakfast because of it. Nice rooms.

We've stayed there a couple of times, once in the tower and once in the main building. The hotel is very nice, but older which for me is part of the charm (I tend to favor older boutique hotels when vacationing). Frequent renovations have kept it looking good, but if you are expecting W or Ritz, you will probably be disappointed.

The location is absolutely fantastic to take in Las Olas Blvd - lots of good restaurants and shops there. Also you can take the Water Taxi up and down the adjacent New River to places like the Broward Center, the Museum of Science and Discovery, or down to the Intercostal Waterway and hit some beaches. We had a great brunch just up the river at a restaurant called the River House, beautiful setting.

As far as transportation to/from Airport and Cruise Port, the hotel does not offer shuttle service so you are on your own. Short taxi/shuttle rides for both about 10 mins from Airport and 10 mins to Port, so this should not be an issue.

Overall a great location and place to stay. I highly recommend.

Archived