Miami- no wine in carry on????

boneatnik

There seem to have been some mis-haps. I am not sure yet if there is a change in the way certain ports are handling the carry on of wine and over-ruling the cruise line or if its Celebrity changing things in some way.

Maybe we need to take a look at other cruise lines and see if any comments are posted about Miami and take alongs there.

We have sailed several (4) times on the Century and have always carried on the allowed amount of wine in our carry on. What's up? Is this going the way of the do-do bird?

Problems have been reported here during these spring break cruises. The policy is you can carry on 2 bottles per stateroom. I would advise that you carry it in your hand in a plastic or paper bag.:rolleyes: Not in some carry on luggage. What X is trying to stop is the two adults EACH carrying on 2 bottles in their carry ons. People have been advised here that it works if you walk on separately. Also X is checking and removing any bottles from checked luggage before boarding as of late.

When we boarded in Feb. I actually told the scanner to be careful with our wine, as I put the plastic store bag on the belt. Nothing was said to me. Of course that was in Feb. not spring break weeks.

The policy hasn't changed. It is being enforced.

Archived