E mail address for Managing Director UK

kruzgal

Does anyone know how I can speak to or e-mail someone senior at Celebrity or Royal Caribbean in the UK? I am having problems as I have reserved a cabin on the Eclipse for summer 2011 but the hold runs out next week (before the remaining European itineraries are released) and Celebrity will charge me £150 if I book the Eclipse and then want to switch to another ship after the other itineraries are released. I have phoned them today and they have refused to put me through to anyone senior to speak to because the hold is through a travel agency. All I want to do is pay the deposit with an option to switch at no cost to me if I prefer another itinerary. I feel very upset having spent many thousands of pounds with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean over the years. Surely someone could do something? Time is running out as I have to decide by next Tuesday. Thanks :(

Does anyone know how I can speak to or e-mail someone senior at Celebrity or Royal Caribbean in the UK? I am having problems as I have reserved a cabin on the Eclipse for summer 2011 but the hold runs out next week (before the remaining European itineraries are released) and Celebrity will charge me £150 if I book the Eclipse and then want to switch to another ship after the other itineraries are released. I have phoned them today and they have refused to put me through to anyone senior to speak to because the hold is through a travel agency. All I want to do is pay the deposit with an option to switch at no cost to me if I prefer another itinerary. I feel very upset having spent many thousands of pounds with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean over the years. Surely someone could do something? Time is running out as I have to decide by next Tuesday. Thanks :(

I think the problem is that you have booked through a travel agency, and Celebrity aren't obliged to deal with your problem, it is your travel agents responsibility (that's what they get paid commission for allegedly!)

Speak to your travel agent and if they are unwilling to help, and you haven't paid any money, (you say just have a hold) tell them you are going elsewhere.

If you have put a lot of business their way perhaps that might make them take notice.

You could then speak directly to Celebrity and ask them to hold the cabin on the basis you describe. I have always found them extremely helpful.

If you get no joy there, I would book with an US travel agent, as you can book and cancel and rebook very easily usually without charge or at minimum cost, means you can take advantages of price drops right up to final payment, the only potential downside is managing the £ to $ variations

Remember if you do let your hold lapse, you can do a booking on-line and can get a courtesy hold for 48 hrs ,at no charge ,which might help give you some extra time

:)

Many thanks for your ideas. The problem I have is that we are holding a family cabin and I have no doubt there is a waitlist so as soon as my hold runs out it will be released to someone else. I really don't feel like travelling with Celebrity at the moment but I shouldn't let that get in the way as we have always had such good holidays.

I can tell you from past experience that RCCI who administer both Celebrity and RCCL bookings here in the UK will not speak to you if you have booked through a travel agent. I even called Miami and was politely told that they cannot deal with any reservation not made directly with the cruise line. Also you no longer have the option of booking with a US TA, they have blocked this now and unless you are prepared to be a little devious and use a US address, they will not allow it. There are threads on this subject here and on other cruise line forums.

I can tell you from past experience that RCCI who administer both Celebrity and RCCL bookings here in the UK will not speak to you if you have booked through a travel agent. I even called Miami and was politely told that they cannot deal with any reservation not made directly with the cruise line. Also you no longer have the option of booking with a US TA, they have blocked this now and unless you are prepared to be a little devious and use a US address, they will not allow it. There are threads on this subject here and on other cruise line forums.

Thanks - at least I know not to take it personally! I felt very offended by the treatment I received from 'customer services'. If only the European itineraries had been released together I wouldn't have this problem. It is just so frustrating not being able to speak to somebody - it seems so rude.

Also you no longer have the option of booking with a US TA, they have blocked this now and unless you are prepared to be a little devious and use a US address, they will not allow it. There are threads on this subject here and on other cruise line forums.

UK Cruisers can still use a US TA :D...and you don't need a US address to do so.

Someone posted a list of cruise lines who would or would not allow non US citizens to use a US TA. That is where I got this info from. The thread was started by an Australian who had tried to do this and was refused. Certainly one of the largest internet travel agencies who have a freephone number for the UK has told me categorically that they are not allowed to accept reservations for either RCL or X. I am using a US TA for our 2 cruises for next year but neither of them are with RCCI.

Archived