Revive the Mason Jar DOD Glasses

ManyMore

I was just replying on another thread and thought about the old Mason Jar style glasses Carnival had. They had them in plastic after they switched over from glass and I wish they still had them. I know the men prefered them over what they have now been dubbed... foo foo glasses lol. They were earier to hold with the handle and more stable on the table especially on windy days. It seems all the other cruise lines have the Hurricane style as well so Carnival.... break the mold from the other cruise lines and go back to the Mason Jar!!!

I was just replying on another thread and thought about the old Mason Jar style glasses Carnival had. They had them in plastic after they switched over from glass and I wish they still had them. I know the men prefered them over what they have now been dubbed... foo foo glasses lol. They were earier to hold with the handle and more stable on the table especially on windy days. It seems all the other cruise lines have the Hurricane style as well so Carnival.... break the mold from the other cruise lines and go back to the Mason Jar!!!

I must say that Carnival's lack of drinkware variety is rather annoying. I got a couple of the coolest fishbowl snifters on NCL ... in real glass too.

Good idea. A man only needs one foo foo glass at a time. Now Mason jars are another thing. You can never have too many of those for when special company comes over to the house. My favorite iced tea/beer glass is a real Mason jar that I have had for too many years to remember.

Good idea. A man only needs one foo foo glass at a time. Now Mason jars are another thing. You can never have too many of those for when special company comes over to the house. My favorite iced tea/beer glass is a real Mason jar that I have had for too many years to remember.

We had a bunch of them when I was a kid. We got them at a restaurant in Myrtle Beach who's name escapes me ... I wanna say Po' Folks.

I still have my Carnival Mason jar glasses too, both the glass and plastic. These are a daily use glass as opposed to the hurricane ones I used once at home for a Mardi Gras party. Which is better advertisement for Carnival? Giving my guests a Carnival Mason glass on any given day they should be at my house or... the hurricane glasses that are tucked away in a cabinet that is never used? ummm H E L L O.... Carnival! Are ya listenin! lol :D

I have lots of the glass hurricane, mason jar style and snifters that Carnival used to use for their DODs. I quit buying the souvenier glasses once they went to plastic. I love the glass ones! I don't even care for drinking out of plastic cups. Why would I buy any of those?

Cheers!

Taters

We had a bunch of them when I was a kid. We got them at a restaurant in Myrtle Beach who's name escapes me ... I wanna say Po' Folks.

Did those have handles on them. I have a couple that I don't remember where they came from, some eatery on the road somewhere in Texas bunch of years ago.

Great idea!!!

I still have several of our old ones. They are my favorites.

Carnival... lets get it done...

OSJ

I am sure there are people out there who still have the original DOD glasses. I have THREE different styles. I have the hurricane, the fishbowl/brandy snifter, and the mason jar with a handle. All three are glass, not plastic and I would have had three hurricane glasses, but one of them broke coming home on the plane, so I only have two. I use the mason jar one fairly often

I would be nice if they did bring back another style. Yes, we have the coconut monkey head (got one) and the funnel cups (got two), but they need to go back to the old days and bring the mason jar one back!!!

I am sure there are people out there who still have the original DOD glasses. I have THREE different styles. I have the hurricane, the fishbowl/brandy snifter, and the mason jar with a handle. All three are glass, not plastic and I would have had three hurricane glasses, but one of them broke coming home on the plane, so I only have two. I use the mason jar one fairly often

I would be nice if they did bring back another style. Yes, we have the coconut monkey head (got one) and the funnel cups (got two), but they need to go back to the old days and bring the mason jar one back!!!

Misguided, hey... your only an hour away from me.

Good to see ya on line.

And ... yep bring back the glass. :)

OSJ

I'm glad we aren't the only one's that prefer this style of glass. They just make more sense. I only wish I had more of them now. :( Had I known they would do away with them I would have gotten more. Remember when they had the 3 styles and they would rotate days or use different ones with different drinks? I realize that probably cost more to do so... just bring back the mason jar lol

i was just replying on another thread and thought about the old mason jar style glasses carnival had. They had them in plastic after they switched over from glass and i wish they still had them. I know the men prefered them over what they have now been dubbed... Foo foo glasses lol. They were earier to hold with the handle and more stable on the table especially on windy days. It seems all the other cruise lines have the hurricane style as well so carnival.... Break the mold from the other cruise lines and go back to the mason jar!!!

i still have one of those glass mason jars!! I won't let anyone use it. I also have one of the big wine goblets with the carnival logo on it. They are keepsakes for me. :)

we had a bunch of them when i was a kid. We got them at a restaurant in myrtle beach who's name escapes me ... I wanna say po' folks.

wasn't po folks great! The food was good. I hated to see them go out of business.

well we must only have them for the sailings out of Texas as we ar the true redneck Walmart of the seas type cruisers.

I lived in Texas to work for a little time. Corsicana..........all I can say is....

I love them rednecks, they are the best people!!!!

Cheers, Carole

I lived in Texas to work for a little time. Corsicana..........all I can say is....

I love them rednecks, they are the best people!!!!

Cheers, Carole

Six knows that.:) He's sailed with a bunch of us and wants to move here:)

Archived