My not-so-cancelled wedding! :)

melraemic

As a recent Mother of the Bride for a Carnival Wedding, send me a PM or public one with any questions about your plans.

We were very pleased, although some aspects (the manifests) were a pain, not because of Carnival, but guests not getting the info to us.

Hey, few RSVP to most ceremonies these days.

Enjoy....and remember that a bit of trauma (rainy wedding days etc.) are supposed to be good luck.

PS Did you know the margin for profit on most cruise ships is extremely slim, even if they go out full?

As a recent Mother of the Bride for a Carnival Wedding, send me a PM or public one with any questions about your plans.

We were very pleased, although some aspects (the manifests) were a pain, not because of Carnival, but guests not getting the info to us.

Hey, few RSVP to most ceremonies these days.

Enjoy....and remember that a bit of trauma (rainy wedding days etc.) are supposed to be good luck.

PS Did you know the margin for profit on most cruise ships is extremely slim, even if they go out full?

Thank you! I may take you up on that offer if I have questions. We are just so thrilled that it is coming together again!! We will be going out on the Inspiration to Cozumel. THanks to everyone in this forum for all of your great ideas!!

Yay!!!!! I'm soooo happy everything worked out! When I read your first thread I immediately thought of what would I do in your situation and started to get cold sweats just thinking of it. I'm glad everything is good now!

Im so glad that everything was taken care of..hope you have a good spring break cruise and then your wedding.....as I have told our son, his wedding in July on the beach in st thomas will be wonderful, its the marriage throughout the years that will really matter in the end :)

So happy everything has turned out alright for you. I followed your other thread as was very upset about your turn of events. Glad things are working out for you.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise and don't worry about the wedding during that time. Just enjoy the time together. Having just had two daughters get married seven weeks apart, I know how stressful this had to have been for you and am truely sorry.

Good luck on your marriage!!

I am so happy things worked out for your wedding. I to followed your last post but could not offer any advice.

After alot of mishaps on our wedding day I can say we are still going strong 34 1/2 years later. Hope you have many years of happiness. Doxie:)

Posting a new thread because I can't figure out how to edit/reply to my other one because it says "closed"....

Just an update for all of those that were very supportive (thank you, by the way!). After much red tape, my wonderful travel agent was able to go to the top, and got a hold of someone that could do something. They have offered us a different sailing (at the same rate!!) and also offered to compensate my guests for airfare, as it will be a one day change. Also, the wedding director at Carnival, who has been out of the office for two days, just called with sincere apologies and states she couldn't even "wrap her arms" around what happened to us and offered us an upgrade. All I wanted all along was a solution, and finally I have one! Does it suck that it took 3 days and going all the way to the top to get the customer service I have come to expect from Carnival? Yes. But all in all it has worked out, and they have fixed this. That's all I wanted.

Thank you to all of those that offered alternative suggestions (and defended me in the forums!!), you have been wonderful! I will definitely post when I come back from our spring break cruise. To those that were not so nice, that's ok. It's your opinion. I realize how it must have seemed for this to be my first post, but, being a nurse, I know that people are more likely to discuss bad experiences than they are good ones. I was upset, and I am a bride (which in itself is a huge stress), and I need a place to vent. However, I just have one question....why would I make this up? Its pretty far-fetched, I know....I had a hard time believing it myself. And, no, this may not be the MOST IMPORTANT day of my life 50 years from now, but its pretty much the biggest milestone thus far. Of course I realize that being married to someone I love and starting a family with them is what it's all about, but our families our important to us and we wanted to be able to share this experience with them.

We can't wait for our wedding day (although I'm a little skeptical about getting too excited...but they have reassured me this is a very very rare occurence), and posting all about it afterwards!! Carnival has come through with the GREAT customer service I knew existed. It took a lilttle longer to get it, but at least the problem is solved. So, thank you, Carnival and Millie in the wedding department for making it work in the end!

Great news!!! Glad you worked this out for you.

Have a great time.

OSJ

I am SO happy that everything worked out for you! I hope you have clear sailing (I know, BAD pun!) from here on out! :)

For what it's worth, I am celebrating my 25th anniversary on the Liberty in June, and even after all this time I consider my wedding day to be the most important day of my life, tied only with the birth of my children. Nothing else even comes close.

Much happiness to you! :)

I am glad it all worked out and that they were able to help you arrange everything. Congrats and best wishes for smooth sailing from here on out! :D

EDIT: As soon as mine posted I see that my sentiments were very much the same as the poster above me. Great minds think alike, lol!

So glad it worked out. Definitely take it as a sign that you will have a very happy long marriage. My first sister got married in June. Three weeks before the wedding, the dress store went out of business and Fed Exed her dress to her. Another dress shop messed up the hem of my bridesmaid dress - it was six inches longer than everyone elses. At the reception hall, the air conditioning went out. They've been married 21 years. The next sister had snow on her wedding day - married 19 years. I had rain and I forgot the programs that I spent hours making - married 17 years. he youngest had to deal with two very pregnant bridesmaids and a barer that refused to carry the pillow and held on to his toy car instead - married 14 years. All of us very happy. Your problem tops ours combined - so you and your future husband are entitled to at least 75 years together! Hopefully many will be spent cruising! :D

Posting a new thread because I can't figure out how to edit/reply to my other one because it says "closed"....

Just an update for all of those that were very supportive (thank you, by the way!). After much red tape, my wonderful travel agent was able to go to the top, and got a hold of someone that could do something. They have offered us a different sailing (at the same rate!!) and also offered to compensate my guests for airfare, as it will be a one day change. Also, the wedding director at Carnival, who has been out of the office for two days, just called with sincere apologies and states she couldn't even "wrap her arms" around what happened to us and offered us an upgrade. All I wanted all along was a solution, and finally I have one! Does it suck that it took 3 days and going all the way to the top to get the customer service I have come to expect from Carnival? Yes. But all in all it has worked out, and they have fixed this. That's all I wanted.

Thank you to all of those that offered alternative suggestions (and defended me in the forums!!), you have been wonderful! I will definitely post when I come back from our spring break cruise. To those that were not so nice, that's ok. It's your opinion. I realize how it must have seemed for this to be my first post, but, being a nurse, I know that people are more likely to discuss bad experiences than they are good ones. I was upset, and I am a bride (which in itself is a huge stress), and I need a place to vent. However, I just have one question....why would I make this up? Its pretty far-fetched, I know....I had a hard time believing it myself. And, no, this may not be the MOST IMPORTANT day of my life 50 years from now, but its pretty much the biggest milestone thus far. Of course I realize that being married to someone I love and starting a family with them is what it's all about, but our families our important to us and we wanted to be able to share this experience with them.

We can't wait for our wedding day (although I'm a little skeptical about getting too excited...but they have reassured me this is a very very rare occurence), and posting all about it afterwards!! Carnival has come through with the GREAT customer service I knew existed. It took a lilttle longer to get it, but at least the problem is solved. So, thank you, Carnival and Millie in the wedding department for making it work in the end!

This is wonderful news~!! I'm thrilled that Carnival was able to work with you and came up with an acceptable solution. It sounds like Millie in the wedding department values her relationship with future brides :)

I'm so please that it worked out and I agree with you that this was a serious breakdown in customer service but it looks like Carnival is working to remedy that at this point.

I'm also sorry that some very self centered folks brought you additional stress. I'm a true snarky kid myself but like to think I know the difference between witty and obnoxious.

Congratulations on getting your wedding plans back on track. I know it's a huge relief. You showed a lot of determination. That's the difference between "a girl" and a woman. I'm sure there will be more hurdles to overcome, but when the day finally comes, it will all be worth it and you'll have tales to tell in the years to come.

And have a great time on your spring break cruise!

YAY!!!!!!! brideandgroom.gif

I'm very happy for you!!

I want to say that it was a disservice to close the other thread. The mods could have handled the 'disruption' in a more efficient manner. People need to know exactly what can happen if they plan weddings on a ship, and they need to know how to handle it if something similar happens, because sadly what happened to this poster is not an isolated incident.

CCL (and the other lines as well) should have a team in place if ever a ship is chartered...they need to have people assigned to get the passengers who were bumped from their sailing settled.

Having a bunch of reps who know nothing about what's going on, answering frantic phone calls is totally irresponsible for a business as large as a cruise line.

T We will be going out on the Inspiration to Cozumel. THanks to everyone in this forum for all of your great ideas!!

That is the ship on which we held our wedding! So I can be pretty specific with you. On another forum I listed the pre-wedding boarding procedures, because they don't give you much info. IMO, more info = less anxiety.

Make sure they upgrade you to a SUITE! Tell them everyone on cruise critic wants you to have one!

I bet your wedding coordinator is LISSY. She did a good job for us. (The one for Carnival.) And you will probably get the same Wedding Experience group--who also did an excellent job. Are you having a meal or one of the other packages? I can explain the venues for you. Another fun thing is that everyone loves a bride on a ship and you will get tons of attention and smiles.

Happy to help with anything. We even live near Tampa so know the local ropes. (Our wedding party stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown Convention Center the night before. Super close to the port and they will make you a good deal for 10 or more rooms.)

I didn't read the first thread (sounds like I should be glad I missed it) but I want to add I am very happy things worked out for you! Best wishes to you and I will also be looking forward to seeing the photos!

Archived