Maid of Honor or Matron of Honor???

So I have 2 sisters, an older one married and a younger one not married. My sisters are the only 2 in the bridal party on my side and he has a bestman and a groomsmen. Which one gets to hold my bouquet? I would think it would be my little sister since she would be my maid of honor and she's never been married. But my older sister (the drama queen) thinks she should be beside me. I don't know what to do...

I wish I could find some info somewhere saying the maid of honor should be next to the bride and then the matron of honor...help!

Matron of Honor gets precedence over Maid of Honor, if that's how you've designated them. My Matron of Honor was my married (future) sister-in-law, who I'd known for four years. My Maid of Honor was my unmarried best friend since jr. high, who I'd known for about fourteen years. Matron stood next to me and carried the bouquet.

In the end its up to YOU to decide what you want your sisters to be, there are no set rules, especially today..our son is getting married on the beach in st thomas, and hubby will be our sons best man, they will even be dressed the same..with the wedding being on the beach, it will be on the informal type. However the bride is wearing a gorgeous wedding dress...in the end, do what YOU want to do, its your day..

It is really your call, the rules set centuries ago don't have to be followed today...

I had my mother and my husbands mother walk him down the isle and the my father and my father in law walk me. Traditional not even close!!! LOL but it was what we wanted because it felt like the joining of the two families.

What I could suggest for you is have them both stand there and hand your flowers to your mother or a close friend at that point in the ceremony (then neither sister feels slighted or feel like they have a less important role. Let them share all "honor" duties outside of the flowers

Archived