All things Fascination

Tggrtoes

Hi - DH and I and 2 yr old son just booked today on our first Carnival cruise (previously have done Princess and RCI). Booked on 5 day out of Jacksonville on May 1 on the Fascination in a Grand Suite extended balcony (super excited about this, although I hear that it won't be much different than the mini suites we've had on Princess. But, I'm sure it's still going to be FABULOUS)

I don't think the Fascination has any special dining (I remember a previous poster talking about a chef's table you can sign up for on one ship and of course some have the steakhouses, I think.). Can anyone confirm? And if they do have it, do you recommend it?

Anything we should make sure we do? Is the behind the fun tour offered on this ship - even on the 5 day?

I've read all the posts I could find while searching for "fascination", but thought I'd do a post to make sure I don't miss anything. Thanks!

Sorry, I won't be much help since I've never cruised before. But, I am booked on the Fascination for January. I hope you write a review on it when you get back. I haven't had any luck with finding recent reviews on her. Have a great cruise. :)

I just returned from our Fascination sailing (March 20 - 25, 2010) and it was a great cruise for our group of six with the exception that we didn't go to Half Moon Cay. We made the best of it though since any day at sea is much better than being at work! :rolleyes:

They did have the Behind the Fun tour on the last sea day. My husband would have liked to have taken it but since we had overcast/rainy weather on the 2nd and 3rd day we decided to enjoy the sun instead.

I have not sailed on the Fascination, but have sailed on her sister ships (Fantasy, Inspiration & Sensation ). There is no supper club on the Fantasy Class, but the food in the MDR is usually very good.

We sailed the Sensation just after refurb and found it very nice.

Since the Fascination was just in dry dock, I'm hoping for the same.

DW and I will be on board with you in 34 days!

My partner and I love the Fascination. We are booked for our third cruise on her in July. I am glad she has gone through the Evolutions of Fun upgrades. We are also booked in an Extended Balcony Grand Suite. I found this video on You Tube. It is of the same type of cabin on the Sensation. Have a great cruise.

Just realized I never thanked you for the link tiggerman. My firm blocks youtube so I just watched this over the weekend. (thankfully they don't block cruisecritic or I'd be postal. :D) I saw your post on another thread and enjoyed it.

I saw a post today that the Fascination did make it to HMC this week, so hoping that means good things for our May 1 sailing. Booked airfare this weekend. Wahoo!

Great thread - looking forward to my first Fantasy class sailing in November! I am trying to get as much info as possible to share with my MIL - first cruise and my parents who have sailed Celebrity and Princess but never on Carnival.

So....

Anyone know if after drydock there are hairdryers in the rooms? Or should I tell everyone to pack their own?

Also, what type safe is onboard - the number kind or the one where I need an old gift card to swipe?

vacruizer - If I remember correctly, there were posts that said there were hair dryers in the room, but that you had to hold down the power button the whole time and it took really long to dry hair. It was suggested you bring your own. Hopefully someone will contradict me (as of course I haven't yet sailed her).

Sorry - don't remember anything about the type of safe. I'm hoping it's the number kind. There are a few other Fascination posts farther down that have some reviews recently, so hopefully one of them can answer your question. If not, I'll make sure to check them out and report back early May. :p

My wife and I will be getting off the Fascination on May 1. We'll try to leave her in good shape....:)

I've been looking for recent reviews as well. Saw one posted fairly recently, but with the traffic on this board it may be a few pages deep by now.

• 2 weeks later...

Tggrtoes,

We are booked on the Fascination in a Grand Suite extended balcony for the Dec. 2 sailing. I would love if you could post some pics of your room when you get back. I know the rooms are similar to the Sensation but would love to see actual pics of the Fascination rooms. Thanks so much. Look forward to hearing about your cruise and what room you were in. We are booked in room U93. Have a great cruise!!

• 8 months later...

Archived