Kids Club Back Pack

KevinsCruising

HI,

We are sailing on the Jewel on May 1st out of NYC. I just ordered my 6 yr old girl a Kids Club Back Pack through NCL. I know it comes with a hat, soda card for the week, and of course the back pack..maybe a few other things also.

Has anyone ever ordered one? Was it in your cabin when you arrived? Curious with the soda card because I am sure she will want to start using it when we leave port and will need it for that dinner.

Thanks you,

I ordered it for my DD a couple of years ago, it was not in the cabin but was given to her when we signed her in the kids club ( which she never went to ). If my memory serves me correctly there was no soda card, it had to be purchased sep. and the backpack itself was VERY cheaply made and fell apart soon after getting home. I don't think it was worth the money at all JMHO.

Just off the star and had the BP for my daughter, it has a cup with lid and straw for the soda and yes she got a braclet for soda, I had put her room card on a laynard and just clipped the braclet on that and showed it whenever she wanted a soda. It also has a baseball cap, tshirt, sunglasses, luggage tag. I found it to be a nice thing for her and she loved it. You do have to go to the kids club to pick it up and you can sign your kid up right then too.

My nieces (5 and 8) each got one on our recent Gem cruise. Wasn't expecting too much based on some reviews that they were cheap and flimsy. We were all surprised at how great they actually were. The back pack was very nice (I think it had a drawstring that opened at the top rather than a zipper) and we thought it was actually well made. It was the perfect size for little kids, the T-shirts were really cute, and they even liked the sunglasses and hat. They loved having their own special cruise bag. With the soda card, it's a great value! Would defintely get them again...

Coffeecat

I bought one for my daughter a couple of cruises ago and she really liked it. Can't remember exactly what was in it, but it pleased her and she still has the backpack.

What age do you think this would be appropriate for. My Granddaughter is 11, do you think it would be OK for her, we intended to buy the soda card anyway. Thanks for your help.

my daughter is 7 so it was perfect for her an 11yr old it may work, the shirt would have fit an 11 year old the sunglasses may be too small, everyone can use a backpack right? the cup is a little bit for a small kid but she can just order sodas with and get in a regular glass.

I told and as soon as we got to the room we thought it would be there and she was disappointed and had to call as to where to pick it up, had to go there anyhow so it worked but it would have been really cool if it was in the room.

I told and as soon as we got to the room we thought it would be there and she was disappointed and had to call as to where to pick it up, had to go there anyhow so it worked but it would have been really cool if it was in the room.

You were able to use the soda card the very first day , right??? :confused:

Thanks,

My daugher was 11, her cousin 12 and the backpacks was a little small for them, but I think it may be a different style now. My other kids were 6 and 7 The two youngest took there backpacks everywhere. I forget whether the baseball hats fit the older two, but if the shirts are too small, you can exchange them at the kids camp programs for a larger size. The backpacks held all their treasures from the week for the ride home, which worked out great. You didn't need to use the cup that they gave you, but my kids took theirs with them during the day because they held a little more soda in them, and had a cover and straw, although we left them in the room for dinner and they just ordered a soda if they wanted one You get a bracelet at the kids camp when you pick them up and this is the actual soda card.

You have to preorder them, my cousin wanted them for her two kids, also 6 years old, but they had run out

If I were you, I would still consider it for the 11 year old. It was still a fun little treat for my older two.

Once the kids reach 13, then you can get them the teen passport.

I ordered each of the girls one for our upcomingcruise in June. When the confirmation came it states they will be in the cabin upon embarkation. Parents are saying that they had to pick theirs up in the club at registration (no matter as we will have to register anyways).

Is this something that is ship to ship, or do you always have to pck them up in the club?:o

It would be nice if they were in the cabin... a nice way to start the cruise for the girls!:)

Hi Everyone,

Taking my DD (6yr old) on the Spirit May 7th to Bermuda. Went on NCL's site to see about the backpack. It doesnt really describe what it includes. I believe the price is $39 does this include the soda card? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Anthony

Hi Everyone,

Taking my DD (6yr old) on the Spirit May 7th to Bermuda. Went on NCL's site to see about the backpack. It doesnt really describe what it includes. I believe the price is $39 does this include the soda card? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Anthony

It includes the backpack, t-shirt, soda card/bracelet, cup and hat... there may be something I am missing but for the most part.

Yes, you can use the soda card/bracelet on the first day, no you don't have to use the cup to get your soda in.

Yes, I was charged $39 TODAY when I ordered 2 of them for the girls. You have to order them through NCL.:)

It includes the backpack, t-shirt, soda card/bracelet, cup and hat... there may be something I am missing but for the most part.

Yes, you can use the soda card/bracelet on the first day, no you don't have to use the cup to get your soda in.

Yes, I was charged $39 TODAY when I ordered 2 of them for the girls. You have to order them through NCL.:)

** Correction $39.50 each ordered today through NCL.

Once the kids reach 13, then you can get them the teen passport.

Sounds great. I'm planning on NCL for next year. First time on NCL so trying to find out as much info as possible. My son will be 13. What is the teen passport? How much does it cost?

Archived