pillowcases/ photo mats

della0813

You can put a couple of items but even though you could probably drop off more they are so busy it may not get done if they get too many things.

Once before they stopped doing this free service for people because they had way too many requests and they couldnt do them all.

Then they started again and sorta asked for only a couple of items per request so they can get them all done.(unofficially)

I always do 2 pillowcases or 2 frames. Never together.

so the choice is yours, but if everyone left 4 or 5 things nobody would get time to do them all. I hope you will only do 2 or 3 items.:)

This week we dropped off two picture frame mats, a pack of colored markers, and one HUGE bag of Hershey's Kisses which I suspect were enjoyed! I taped off the edges of the mats where the frame would cover it and put the room number and name on the back. All were returned the last night of sailing signed and the girls loved them.

• 2 weeks later...

mom and grandma

i wasnt planning on putting excessive amounts -- but we are cruising with 34 people --- 18 kids -- i was going to buy each a pillowcase and rather than buy 18 sets fabric markers, i just wondered if it would be ok for me to buy one set of markers for each of the 9 cabins -- and put each families things in one bag

i dont mind buying candy and spending the money, but i just thought it would be silly to come home with 18 sets of fabric markers that i have no use for

della:)

I think if i were you I would put each set of pillowcases in a separate ziplock baggie with The name of the adult whose name is on that room and room number in it.

So all 9 rooms are spearate. If your sending candy go ahead and add that too. Then put the markers in just one baggie.

Then when you go to the guest services desk explain that your part of a large group, 9 rooms so you have 9 baggies but would like to just send the one set of markers for all of them. They will know the best way to send them to the people who autograph them.

They always fill out a card to send with your merchandise with instructions and i am sure they can write it up for you.

I know in order to return them to each room the last night of the cruise they do need them bagged up individually with room numbers.

Please let us know how this works when you get back so we can help others without guessing about the proper procedure from our past experiences.

Thanks Kathy

i do think that sounds like a good idea and i will let you know -- its not for a long time though --not until next april

i do have another question for you though ----- you said "the people who do the autographing" -- what do you mean doesnt the REAL mickey do it ???;)

i still believe in the magic :)

One persons answer has yielded another question from me. What are the requirements to get a matte or pillowcase signed. I already know they prefer a limit to what you want signed. Do you have to have it in a bag and supply the markers for signing or so long as your name and room number are on it somewhere that is enough? I would hate to show up with the mattes and not have the other necessary supplies. I also see candy mentioned is this just a nice gesture or more of a traditional thing to do?

One persons answer has yielded another question from me. What are the requirements to get a matte or pillowcase signed. I already know they prefer a limit to what you want signed. Do you have to have it in a bag and supply the markers for signing or so long as your name and room number are on it somewhere that is enough? I would hate to show up with the mattes and not have the other necessary supplies. I also see candy mentioned is this just a nice gesture or more of a traditional thing to do?

The only real requirements is to have the item to be signed in a zip lock baggie with the color of water proof markers you want used. They say zip lock so they are less likely to have things fall out and loose them.

I always add a card with my name and room number in the baggie although its not required.

The person at guest services will ask you your name and room number and who you want to sign it or any special instructions and will write it on a card and attach to the outside of the baggie. I add my own card inside in case theirs gets lost.

Candy or a thankyou note to those who sign it is completely optional. Its just soemething alot of people do as a way to thank Mickey and friends for this free service. Its not required.

Be sure and leave it at guest services the first day of yoru crusie or they may not have time to get it signed!!

I always leave mine right after we board the ship.Its right in the atrium.

Kathy

i do think that sounds like a good idea and i will let you know -- its not for a long time though --not until next april

i do have another question for you though ----- you said "the people who do the autographing" -- what do you mean doesnt the REAL mickey do it ???;)

i still believe in the magic :)

Your absolutely correct. i should have said Mickey and friends:D

Shame on me!!!;)

Kathy

I'm cruising in less than 2 weeks and planned on getting a photo mat signed. i was thinking (and i'd like your input on this).... i'm sure by now plenty of people drop off candy or bit-size chocolates. I have a bunch of promotional items from my company. we usually give away some cheap but cool stuff. I was thinking that i would bring a few dozen neoprene drink koozies and maybe some promotional sunglasses. yes, they have my company info on it. i wasn't looking to promote my business. just a different way of saying thanks without overloading them with candy.

what do you think?

I'm cruising in less than 2 weeks and planned on getting a photo mat signed. i was thinking (and i'd like your input on this).... i'm sure by now plenty of people drop off candy or bit-size chocolates. I have a bunch of promotional items from my company. we usually give away some cheap but cool stuff. I was thinking that i would bring a few dozen neoprene drink koozies and maybe some promotional sunglasses. yes, they have my company info on it. i wasn't looking to promote my business. just a different way of saying thanks without overloading them with candy.

what do you think?

I think anything useful would be appreciated. Just add a simple note so they know it was intended for them to keep not autograph. Something like Enjoy the glasses or I hope you will enjoy the koozies, Thankyou!!

Archived