Questions about Al Cohen's

Mrs Booboo

2 questions about Al Cohen's (across from Havensight Mall; next to the Shipwreck Tavern):

1) What time do they open?

2) Do they sell snacks of any kind? Or is it just liquor and souvenirs?

We dock at 7:00, but can't get our rental car until 8:00, so were hoping to pick up some beer and snacks for the day while we're waiting and avoid having to stop at KMart.

I am not sure about times but my husband and I just purchased our alcohol there as we have done in the past they packed it very securely and assured us we could carry it on the plane. Wrong!! we had to put it in a bag and check it in as extra baggage. It cost $35 just to ship it. Hardly worth it when you can buy it after the security checks in San Juan airport. I would check this out very carefully before buying. Rum was $10 in Cohen's and $12 at the airport. Just the flavored kind. Unless you are looking for something very specific don't get burned like we did. I could have bought it for the same price at my local supermarket when the cost of extra baggage was incorporated with the cost of the alcohol.

• 4 months later...

Archived