Anyone recently off Gem - Was there NCAA coverage onboard?

feefour

I know there was a recent, more general thread about sports viewing options onboard, but I'm wondering if anyone off Gem in the past 2 weeks was able to watch NCAA basketball coverage. We are crossing our fingers that we'll be able to watch the games next Saturday.

We just returned from our latest trip to the Bahamas on the Gem yesterday. There are about 5 NCL channels, CNN and Fox News the majority of the week. The two travel days on either end of the trip we also got Nickelodeon and TNT. I remember seeing basketball on the big screen in the atrium (deck 7) one evening.

Have a great trip!

I was on the Sky last weekend, and was hoping to catch a lot of the tourney on my vacation. I was surprised that I didn't have CBS in my room, but I was stunned to find that they could not get the tourney, even in the sports bar! Only sports channel they got was ESPN. I missed the tourney, but still enjoyed the cruise. YMMV on the Gem.

-CB

Funny, I had to laugh at your question since we were going NUTS not knowing what was going on with the tourney while on the Gem last week. We caught some highlights on ESPN, but we were usually finding scores out the next day, etc. Good luck!

Thanks so much for your responses.

I'm hoping for a Crystal Atrium viewing so thanks Crowemommy for the hope.

moopdog and Carbon Blob - I feel your pain! Hopefully since we're talking semi and finals, they'll be more accommodating.

I definitely plan to enjoy my cruise to the fullest in either case. It would just be nice to know what to expect in advance.

Archived