Nassau Excursions

Ramrac

I'm going on the Pride on May 16th and am trying to get some good ideas for our Nassau excursion. Has anyone had any good experiences at Nassau? We would like to do some type of beach excursion, but nothing too crowded on a clean beach. Any ideas?

We did the all inclusive at the Wydham Cable Beach on our own and had a great time. $40 per person at the front desk. Includes use of the beach, pool, chairs, changing rooms, showers and a lunch buffet with soft drink. We enjoyed it alot. Going back in June, we are looking at Blue Lagoon. Check out their website.

We did the all inclusive at the Wydham Cable Beach on our own and had a great time. $40 per person at the front desk. Includes use of the beach, pool, chairs, changing rooms, showers and a lunch buffet with soft drink. We enjoyed it alot. Going back in June, we are looking at Blue Lagoon. Check out their website.

I did see Blue Lagoon, however on their website it says they are closed on Thursday's and that is the day we would be there. Any ideas if this has changed?

We went on the Pride Nov 09.

Headed over to the Sheraton Cable Beach Resort, Nassau. While they charge $25.00 p/person to use their property we read a review on cruise critic and someone paid them less. We followed their instructions and it worked. Someone just came back and posted the same price.

Paid the towel attendant $10.00 per person and he gave us two towels and off we went enjoying their pools, beach etc..

My review w/ link to pics below.

Gorgeous hotel.

Blue Lagoon's beaches are closed to the public on Thurs and Sun but if a cruise ship is in port they are open for the ships. We are going in June will be there on a Sunday and that was my concern but they are definitely open. I've been told you can book an animal excursion through blue lagoon and just get a taxi to the ferry and included in your animal excursion will be use of the beach but we just went ahead and signed up for the beach day we've done animal stuff before.

The blue lagoon beach is awesome. It does say it's closed on Thursday, yet it shows up on Carnival's excursion list as a beach day for about $65. Apparently Carnival has an exclusive though no one wants to discuss this. So that is the only way to do a beach day there. We did dolphins there (which we booked directly as Carnival DOES NOT offer through them) and went to the beach afterwards but there isnt much time before last boat out- maybe an hour.

The beach when we were there around 3 was totally deserted. We saw some (not many) people there earlier when we first got to the island but it was only us when we were there later.

Archived