Wow did we get the deal!! Jewel 13 night TA

Although we have only sailed with RCCL twice before and have over 25 sailings with CCL, we are growing tired of CCL and this cruise looked really great. We booked a D1 gty and they gave us a mini suite for under $1800 for the both of us with some OBC. Never been on this class of RCCL ship I see it does not have the rink or flowrider but i looks nice. Anyone who sailed on this ship recently I would appreciate your perspective of the food, service, activities etc.

Thanks

We also loved the Jewel. That repo you booked is a very good deal. We were looking at it but decided we couldn't do the 2 weeks that time of year. BUMMER! Hope to get back on that boat sometime soon though.

Jewel is my favorite RCI ship. She doesn't have that awful Royal Promenade, instead she has glass for viewing the ocean everywhere you go.

I haven't been on her for almost 3 years, so I can't comment on the current service or food. I remember fabulous service but not very good food in the main dining room.

We spent 24 nights on the JOS Aug/Sept. 09.

We did the Baltic and B2B TA to Boston. Loved this ship and we thought they had the happiest crew!!!:)

I am happy with any food I do not have to prepare, so no comment on the food.

Have a great cruise and hope you love the ship too!!!!

Radiance class is my favorite.....the ship has windows everywhere.....you'll love and what an awesome price for that cabin and itinerary! Enjoy!

I will be on Jewel for the 14 night TA in September....can't wait!

Radiance class is my favorite.....the ship has windows everywhere.....you'll love and what an awesome price for that cabin and itinerary! Enjoy!

I will be on Jewel for the 14 night TA in September....can't wait!

The Baltic cruise was wonderful! We are so happy we did it, it is one of the really memorable ones. In case you haven't done it before......

You will enjoy the TA. We did have a rough day outside of Iceland. I took my first sea sick pill!:eek: About 30% of the crew were effected too I was told. That made me feel better.:D The sea was not that bad but it was rolling or something and I was not too perky until I took a pill. Iceland was something to see, so different!!!

Have a great cruise!!!!

Jewel is my favorite RCI ship. She doesn't have that awful Royal Promenade,

I think most people like the Promenade very much. That's the main selling point of the Voyager class ships.

Glass is nice, but there's a lot going on up and down the Promenade.;)

Jewel is my favorite RCI ship. She doesn't have that awful Royal Promenade,

I think most people like the Promenade very much. That's the main selling point of the Voyager class ships.

Glass is nice, but there's a lot going on up and down the Promenade.;)

It's really a matter of taste and just as many do not care for the design of the Voyager and Freedom class ships which tends to draw passengers deep inside the ship and cuts them off from a connection with the sea. To paraphrase you somewhat, many people do not care to find themselves in the middle of a sea going shopping mall. We enjoy both styles but prefer the Radiance ships even though the Glenn Miller era was a bit before my time.;)

I have sailed on Jewel's sister ship, the Serenade, and they are gorgeous! There is hardly a place onboard that doesn't have a view of the sea.

Don't forget to try the pool tables in the Safari Lounge. We really liked this area, at the back of the ship, where they held many "game show" activities on our cruise. And again, floor to ceiling aft windows!

They served hot hors d' oeuvres in the Champagne bar each night before dinner on our cruise, which made it the perfect spot for a pre-dinner drink.

The thermal spa is wonderful (heated loungers) with views of the sea. We loved it in Alaska and can't wait to use it on our TA on the Jewel next year. They sell cruise-long packages for this bu you can also get a day pass.

A great dining option is the Seaview Cafe, which is above the Windjammer Buffer. You order at the counter and they bring the food to you (sandwiches, salads, and snacks like chicken wings, etc.). We would walk through the WJ and if we didn't see anything that pleased us, we would head upstairs!

There aren't as many places to get snacks on this class of ships. Lattitutdes has pastries but they usually require you to buy a coffee to get one.

You will find some things that are common to all RCI ships such as the Schooner bar (though we liked it better on the Radiance class), where much of the trivia is held, and the Viking Crown lounge, which was a great place to end the night with a martini and some jazz.

We are are in our late 30's and this was my husband's favorite class of ship (I am torn between this and the Independence because I did miss some of the activities and lounges that the bigger ships provided).

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived