CPAP and distilled water

disneypapa

Sailing HAL Ryndam NB from Vancouver last week in May. Do any of you who require the use of a Cpap device use distilled water with it? If you do, is there a place on ship where it can be obtained or do I need to plan to bring some with me?

Sailing HAL Ryndam NB from Vancouver last week in May. Do any of you who require the use of a Cpap device use distilled water with it? If you do, is there a place on ship where it can be obtained or do I need to plan to bring some with me?

Usually if you really need the distilled water, you need to bring it with you. But many folks have found that their Cpap machines work just fine using the very finely filtered water on the cruise ship, at least for the week or two of their cruise.

Usually if you really need the distilled water, you need to bring it with you. But many folks have found that their Cpap machines work just fine using the very finely filtered water on the cruise ship, at least for the week or two of their cruise.

Just ask the cabin steward for the distilled water. It's about $3.00 or less a bottle, why worry about bringing it.

Just ask the cabin steward for the distilled water. It's about $3.00 or less a bottle, why worry about bringing it.

Several cruise lines have dropped this option, so if you choose to try this, call the cruise line before you go and make sure they have it available!

We just contacted NCL and was told they do not have distilled water on board, you would need to bring your own. My husband just got a CPAP machine last week, and we told the representative who brought it to the house that we would be traveling and she said the ship's water was fine to use, no worried about lugging water with us. NCL also said the plugs in the room were fine for the machine, but to bring an extension cord of at least 4 feet. They could not guarantee that they would have an extra to use

We just contacted NCL and was told they do not have distilled water on board, you would need to bring your own. My husband just got a CPAP machine last week, and we told the representative who brought it to the house that we would be traveling and she said the ship's water was fine to use, no worried about lugging water with us. NCL also said the plugs in the room were fine for the machine, but to bring an extension cord of at least 4 feet. They could not guarantee that they would have an extra to use

I called the doctor's office and spoke to them about the distilled water concern.....they said plain bottled water could be used on a short term basis and would not cause a problem. If cleaning is needed later to use white vinegar.

My husband uses a bi-pap and we just returned from 10 days on the Ruby Princess. I filled 2 empty regular size bottled water bottles with distilled water and carried them on board in my purse, they lasted us 3 days. The day we boarded I asked our cabin steward if he could get me distilled water. He said no problem...later that day he delivered 1 gal bottle to our cabin and there was no charge. I also did the same thing on Celebrity's Solstice last year. Just ask your cabin steward...if he can't do it (which I doubt) then you can use the tap water.

Archived