Need Information on Island Princess

JonathanJay

My partner and I are planning a cruise on Island Princess. We're interested in cabins C728, C727, B734 and B737. Can any Princess veteran tell us whether those cabins afford both an aft and side view? The brochure indicates they do, but my TA says she believes there is a partition on the aft side, preventing an unobstructed aft view.

Also, are Princess CDs likely to honor a FOD request?

I was on the Island Princess' 12/5/04 cruise to Hawaii. A FOD get-together was held a day or two before the cruise ended! So much for meeting friends and "family" to enjoy the cruise with. In all other respects, the cruise was great.

We've had good luck with CDs granting our request for FODs. During our Infinity cruise earlier this month, the CD scheduled two such events -- both at rather awkward times (one at 5p and the other at 8p) but, at least, they were scheduled.

However, we are still fretting about our cabin selection for next January aboard the Island Princess. We've selected C727 but now are reading all sorts of negative things about it: not covered, windy, etc. If anybody has pictures and/or information about the cabin we would greatly appreciate a forward.

Thanks!

My partner and I are planning a cruise on Island Princess. We're interested in cabins C728, C727, B734 and B737. Can any Princess veteran tell us whether those cabins afford both an aft and side view? The brochure indicates they do, but my TA says she believes there is a partition on the aft side, preventing an unobstructed aft view.

Also, are Princess CDs likely to honor a FOD request?

We boarded yesterday and are in C727 and you can look directly to the side or back.No partition.Hope this helps.

Thanks Johnmik1! Three additional questions, please:

-- Is the balcony totally covered, partially covered or completely uncovered? In other words, can we still sit on the balcony in the rain without getting wet?

-- How many people would you guesstimate the balcony will hold for a party?

-- What's your overall opinion of C727?

Again... thank you so much for the information!

Thanks Johnmik1! Three additional questions, please:

-- Is the balcony totally covered, partially covered or completely uncovered? In other words, can we still sit on the balcony in the rain without getting wet?

-- How many people would you guesstimate the balcony will hold for a party?

-- What's your overall opinion of C727?

Again... thank you so much for the information!

The balcony is totally open with no covering.The size is roughly 7.5X 8.5 ft.It could hold about 4 people with the table in place.You can always use the back deck for any overflow as it is right next to the balcony.It is a nice room because of the dual views to the side and back.We sat out there last night watching the ships wake as we sailed.It is good exercise as it is quite a distance from the common areas.Hope this helps!

Archived