Jewel Upsell to Villa

KevinsCruising

Just getting a chance to respond and what I meant was that the rate was really cheap for that catagory A1 GV, not that I thought 5 grand was cheap in general : ) : ) Sorry if that came off rude, not intended to be.

I have never seen it that low no matter what time of the year....Did they offer you a deal on the A3 CYvillas? Just trying to figure out why they offered you an AB Penthouse and then jumped to a A1 GV without offering you the A3 since they are a few still available...

Anywho, you are going to have fun no matter what so enjoy and maybe I will see you as I am coming off : )

Just getting a chance to respond and what I meant was that the rate was really cheap for that catagory A1 GV, not that I thought 5 grand was cheap in general : ) : ) Sorry if that came off rude, not intended to be.

I have never seen it that low no matter what time of the year....Did they offer you a deal on the A3 CYvillas? Just trying to figure out why they offered you an AB Penthouse and then jumped to a A1 GV without offering you the A3 since they are a few still available...

Anywho, you are going to have fun no matter what so enjoy and maybe I will see you as I am coming off : )

Not rude at all. I appreciate everyone's effort to convince her....... :) Maybe they will come down a bit...my wife said she would do the penthouse for 500 more not 1000. This is because her friends were upgraded from a mini suite to a penthouse for that rate....so unfortunately, they set the standard in her head. Not realizing they probably sailed off season.

Still trying..... if we only go with the mini suite I will still be happy. We have never had anything above a standard balcony before.

Sorry if I did not see it in the other reply's, but which category penthouses were offered for your upgrades?

AE,AD,A3,AA,A1?

If indeed, it was for the A1 Garden Villa, I agree with McCutie, that that is a wonderful price:)

But, we all have a certain budget we are willing to spend on a cruise and the additional $ could be used for other expenses. Please let us know what you decide!

Sorry if I did not see it in the other reply's, but which category penthouses were offered for your upgrades?

AE,AD,A3,AA,A1?

If indeed, it was for the A1 Garden Villa, I agree with McCutie, that that is a wonderful price:)

But, we all have a certain budget we are willing to spend on a cruise and the additional $ could be used for other expenses. Please let us know what you decide!

Not sure of the letters for the Garden Villa... I know it was a A/B Penthouse.

No, Garden Villa only for the liquor

Garden Villa gets 6 bottles, the AA Owner's Suite gets 3 which you can exchange for wine, so I'd think they'd work on exchanging it for beer.

And, as long as we are talking about the GV, isn't there something where you get limo transportation to and from the port?

WAIT A SECOND ... ARE YOU SAYING THERE IS FREE DRINKS INVOLVED IN THE UPGRADE. SODA AND LIQUOR (MAYBE BEER ?? ) ... EVEN IN THE PENTHOUSE???????????? :eek:

No free drinks, but you will never forgive yourself if you don't do the upgrade! Take the courtyard villa OMG there is no question about it. The suite life on NCL is not to be passed up! Either the AB or the CV would give the kids their own bedroom. pick up the phone!!!!

No free drinks, but you will never forgive yourself if you don't do the upgrade! Take the courtyard villa OMG there is no question about it. The suite life on NCL is not to be passed up! Either the AB or the CV would give the kids their own bedroom. pick up the phone!!!!

I think they were offered the Garden Villa, not the Courtyard Villa

I think they were offered the Garden Villa, not the Courtyard Villa

They were offered two deals. One for the Garden Villa and the other was for a courtyard. $2000 or $1000 and something..

OMG what a great deal either way I would grab it.

Both deals are great ... and my guess is that the upgrade to the Garden Villa has been taken by someone else by now. They usually make an offer like that to several people and it is first come first serve. At that price, I would bet it was taken within minutes. If it is still available, I would so go for it. As far as drinks, you would get 6 bottles and while wine is an option, beer is not. You will get all the soda and bottled water you want. Someone else suggested inviting a few more people to take advantage of the 3-8 person rate, a great idea as there is plenty of room and maybe that would convince your better half. As for the AB penthouse, again go for it; it is so worth it. Not only do you get the suite perks (Cagney's alone is worth it) you will get a 2nd bedroom and bathroom. The main bathroom in that room is to die for!!! I wish I could use that shower every day :)

Garden Villa gets 6 bottles, the AA Owner's Suite gets 3 which you can exchange for wine, so I'd think they'd work on exchanging it for beer.

And, as long as we are talking about the GV, isn't there something where you get limo transportation to and from the port?

For us (GV on the Dawn), while we could substitute the liquor for wine, we asked about beer and were told "no!" I'll be curious to see what they tell you.

Kevin,

Here's another thought. If there are currently 4 of you can you come up with another couple for the 3rd bedroom? That would lower you cost. We were offered an upsell to the GV on the Star and were able to add a 3rd couple.

You do get 6 bottles of alchol, all your sodas and water. It was a once in a lifetime cruise. There are some pics of the GV in the Star in my signature line.

For us (GV on the Dawn), while we could substitute the liquor for wine, we asked about beer and were told "no!" I'll be curious to see what they tell you.

We going in an A3 courtyard villa on the Jade do we benifit from the liquor deal? It is the first I have heard and could be very beneficial does it just apply to cruises booked direct with NCL or are travel agent bookings included?Sorry if ive nicked someones thread its my first time on here.

YEA BABY !!!! WE BROKE HER !!!! :D Booked the AB Penthouse. I knew the Villa was too much at this time in our lives but I kept sending her pictures and Cagny's menu's and she broke !!! :D Plus we are on the right side.. so she can sit on her big balcony and watch the Statue of Liberty !!! Life is good !!!!

Thank you everyone. ;)

YEA BABY !!!! WE BROKE HER !!!! :D Booked the AB Penthouse. I knew the Villa was too much at this time in our lives but I kept sending her pictures and Cagny's menu's and she broke !!! :D Plus we are on the right side.. so she can sit on her big balcony and watch the Statue of Liberty !!! Life is good !!!!

Thank you everyone. ;)

Great news. Enjoy!!

Thank you everyone. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You guys are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. There is nothing like the suite life. The cabin and the perks are just awesome. I am very happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Good for you! :D Now the trick is to finagle a tour of the Garden Villa so she can see what she is missing out on...in case the upsell call ever comes again! ;)

Enjoy!

OH NO, don't do this. You will be sick to see what you passed up for a difference of a $1000. Just enjoy your AB and have a wonderful time.

OH NO, don't do this. You will be sick to see what you passed up for a difference of a $1000. Just enjoy your AB and have a wonderful time.

LOL Yes, we are really going to have a good time now.... Have to change my whole game plan now. Not sure how this works? When we board, we would usually have lunch in the Main Dining Room.....now we can go to Cagneys ???? Have to read up on using the perks...all newto me. :confused:

:o

LOL Yes, we are really going to have a good time now.... Have to change my whole game plan now. Not sure how this works? When we board, we would usually have lunch in the Main Dining Room.....now we can go to Cagneys ???? Have to read up on using the perks...all newto me. :confused:

:o

Yes you should definately go to Cagney's for lunch when you board. The shrimp in the shrimp cocktail are huge. My favorite for lunch at Cagney's in January was the Grilled Aspargus(sp). It was a meal in it's self. MMMMMM only 206 more days until I get Cagney's again.

Just warn your wife about the shower in the AB. They have a full length window IN the shower. :eek: Be sure to pull the shade if you're showering while in port, or everyone will get a show. I almost forgot and the window washers went past just as I was getting out.:eek::o Scared the bejesus out of me.:D

I would do the GV in a split second. We just got home from the Jewel. We had booked in an AB and was able to do a upsell to an A3.......All I can say is WOW, it is going to be hard to ever go back. The service is outstanding. The Courtyard area, with pool, steam rooms, hot tubs, small workout area are great. The upper level sun deck was perfect. Having lunch brought up to the courtyard was a treat. If you can swing it, I promise it will be a vacation you will never forget. We enjoyed every second!

Archived