In room bar set up and special celebrations

srmsmg5

I noticed someone mentioned that you can have this done. How do you go about doing it? Is it a good value?

We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary while on board. Are any of the bon voyage options worth doing? They kind of look like a waste of money, but I wanted to ask the experts first!;)

I just got off the phone with my NCL rep, you can book whatever you want through them. Go on the NCL website and under onboard services or activites, I can't remember which, go to bonvoyage and there are item numbers on there for the things you can get.

The bar setup is merely a liter bottle of the booze that you order placed in your cabin. Certainly cheaper than drinking the equivalent number of drinks at the bar, but high priced versus what you are used to paying for a bottle at home.... ayear ago a basice bottle, say a liter of Smirnoff Vodka was $60...I think it is a bit more expensive now from what I remember reading here on CC.

I noticed someone mentioned that you can have this done. How do you go about doing it? Is it a good value?

We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary while on board. Are any of the bon voyage options worth doing? They kind of look like a waste of money, but I wanted to ask the experts first!;)

I gave the Birthday package on the Star last week. My sister really enjoyed the surprise of the room decorations (streamers, 5 balloons, cake, and Happy Birthday sign). The cake was a good size and tasted just fine. Even though it seems to be a waste of money for some, I would buy the package again.

I gave the Birthday package on the Star last week. My sister really enjoyed the surprise of the room decorations (streamers, 5 balloons, cake, and Happy Birthday sign). The cake was a good size and tasted just fine. Even though it seems to be a waste of money for some, I would buy the package again.

That's great to know. I have booked this as both my mother and myself have our birthdays whilst onboard. It's good to hear that you thought it was nice.

We ordered a couple bottles of Captain Morgan's that was $60 + $3 service charge each. (Same bottle, $10 each in the duty free shop!:eek: but you can't drink that till you get home!)

That is what I'm saying. I want to drink it on the ship. I just did a bar setup for my may cruise on Sky. Pricey but cheaper than ordering from the bar. It's my birthday and I want to celebrate my 36 years of life (on a beautiful cruise ship visiting amazing islands).:D

Archived