Canopy Tour Answers....Great News!!!!

gquest

Finally, some anwsers to all our canopy tour questions. The following is a response sent to me by the people that run the canopy tour at Tabanya Beach (there are two emails):

George,

We are in the process of beginning the Canopy Tour with Carnival through

their excursion dept. This is why I said to check with the shore ex

dept. once onboard. If not, yes, just purchase the tour to Tabyana and

you can sign up there.

Sincerely,

Tiffany Galindo

Asst. Mgr.

Tabyana Tours

George,

Good evening. It is possible that by your arrival date the canopy tour will be offered through the shore excursions. If not, the cheapest way is to book the tour to Tabyana and then sign up at the beach for the canopy. If you do a walk up, without going to Tabyana, the price is $50.00 per person plus your transportation. Please see your shorex staff on board of the ship once you arrive.

Thank you,

Canopy Tours

Just to add to that. I'll be going on Carnvial Valor 03/06/05. Here is the e-mail I received from Tabyana Canopy Tours:

Jason,

Tabyana Beach is private for those on tour with the ship. You can

purchase the tour to the beach and then book the canopy from there if

the ship is not offering the canopy by the time you sail with them.

Sincerely,

Canopy Tours

Gatorclaw -

I am on the same ship..... Should be a good time. I replied to your post on what to do in Cozumel at night. So, Tabanya Beach is private and we have to book trough the ship? I believe I have read a couple of post saying that a hired tour guide can take you there, not sure though.

Gquest, I'm so confused about the whole thing really. I've read about the hiring as well, but then I get the response from Canopy Tours, I have to book thru Carnival. And then the other hundreds of posts that really just don't have clear answers. So...

I may change my mind, but I think we're going to book the Carnival Tabyana Beach day and just go to the Canopy Tour from there.

FYI: I saw a Roatan page that states there is one other ship- NCL Dream, in port this day. Hopefully they won't shut us out from the Canopy Tour! Hopefully we'll see you there.

And you should check out the Roll Call page for our Valor Cruise. (do a search for "3/6/05" if you can't find it).

39 days...

Well its good to see I'm not the only one trying to make heads or tails out of the canopy tour. I did check with Sandra at tropicalrez.com and they are offering the tour to anyone (as you probably know)...its $85 plus 12% sales tax...the canopy tour is new....not sure how it is.

I also heard that the Tabyana Beach has sand fleas...I know you might think I'm being a bit picky...but I just was curious if anyone else read that too?

Well its good to see I'm not the only one trying to make heads or tails out of the canopy tour. I did check with Sandra at tropicalrez.com and they are offering the tour to anyone (as you probably know)...its $85 plus 12% sales tax...the canopy tour is new....not sure how it is.

I also heard that the Tabyana Beach has sand fleas...I know you might think I'm being a bit picky...but I just was curious if anyone else read that too?

Heffa -

I heard the Snorkeling is not as good on the North End of the Island. Also, this tour is 45 min away from the cruise ship... Doesn't scare you a little bit? As far as sand fleas go, I am sure they are every were just bring some repellant.

Maybe more good news for those of you Valor cruisers (including me) worried about this whole Tabyana Canopy Tour deal.

The NCL Dream won't be in port until noon, so I think if we make a beeline for Tabyana we shouldn't be competing with those 'other' cruisers for a Canopy Tour spot.

• 1 month later...

Tropical Rez is completely different tour from the Gumbalimba Park/Tabyana Canopy Tour. www.gumbalimbapark.com

Also, to confuse you more. Tabyana is a separate beach area from Gumbalimba Park. They do share the same owner. The canopy tour ends on the beach inside Gumbalimba Park...Near the Snuba and Snorkeling operations.

Tropical Rez is completely different tour from the Gumbalimba Park/Tabyana Canopy Tour. www.gumbalimbapark.com

Also, to confuse you more. Tabyana is a separate beach area from Gumbalimba Park. They do share the same owner. The canopy tour ends on the beach inside Gumbalimba Park...Near the Snuba and Snorkeling operations.

Robert,

Have you done this tour recently? I was told that I should book the Carnival tour to Tabyana and then try to book the canopy tour at when I get there. Is this the best way to book this tour or should I just take a taxi to gumbalimba? Any advice?

Archived