Intercontinental Hotel Miami

AJPitches

We have only stayed at the Holiday Inn & Intercontinental so I can't help with any other hotels. If you do stay at the Intercontinental & want a view of the port & ships, you will pay $20 extra for the view. It is well worth it. We have never eaten breakfast there. We thought the prices were pretty high. They do have a Starbuck's. They have a nice pool area with a bar where you can also eat lunch. Don't think you can have breakfast there.

The hotel room is very nice.

Gail

is that 20.00 extra each nite for the view? or one time charge of 20.00

Thinking of booking the Intercontinental for our October 2010 cruise. Anyone know the price of the shuttle from MIA to the hotel and the price of a shuttle to the ship the next day. Thank you.

We have Intercontinental booked for June 3 rooms. Anyone know the direction to Walgreens and the closest liquor store or grocery for stocking up?

Our Shuttle from FLL airport to hotel is $75.00 each way/6people. Shuttle from Hotel to port is $35.00/6 people.

We have booked here before and it was great. We walked to Bayside and ate at Bubba Gumps.

I would really like to stay at the Intercontinental, but I only get a rate of $152 for July. We do have 2A & 2C....does this have anything to do with the rate? Also, should I just keep checking back for a rate change?

I would really like to stay at the Intercontinental, but I only get a rate of $152 for July. We do have 2A & 2C....does this have anything to do with the rate? Also, should I just keep checking back for a rate change?

what is 2A & 2C, what does that mean?

Lots of members have booked the Intercontinental Miami on Chopin Plaza through LastMinuteTravel.com. The intercontinental was a "secret" hotel, but the give away was 5-stars for $84, info already posted by a member. We booked for Nov 5. Have no idea what Miami hotels cost in July. Good luck!

Ok....I jumped the gun on my post. When I just put 2 adults in, I get the $84 rate. When I click on "details" it does show either 1 bed or 2. Can I just book it without putting my kids in there?

For the $84/night rate, I'm thinking of booking IC through LMT. I did see the 2 bed or 1 king available rooms but I did not see where you could choose one or the other. Do they just give you a room without knowing if it has 1 bed or 2? How do you request how many beds and/or if you want a smoke/smoke-free room?

To workingmom3, what happens if you do not list the 2 children and they give you a room with 1 bed?

For the $84/night rate, I'm thinking of booking IC through LMT. I did see the 2 bed or 1 king available rooms but I did not see where you could choose one or the other. Do they just give you a room without knowing if it has 1 bed or 2? How do you request how many beds and/or if you want a smoke/smoke-free room?

To workingmom3, what happens if you do not list the 2 children and they give you a room with 1 bed?

Scratch this comment out. I now know you have to register and at the time of booking, it lets you select what rooms are available. Sorry!

Hello Morris - New Lenox Here,

Yes, we stayed in that hotel pre-cruise a few years ago. It was a great property. Not far from the port at all and just a short walk from Bayside. We are sailing from Miami again in October and I am hoping to book the place for our pre-cruise again.

Feel free to ask any specifics.

Hello Stones902! It's Nan from Brooklyn, we sailed the Explorer in '02 out of Miami with my brother Anthony. I'm still cruising with Ben and a great group of CC folk. A bunch of us are also staying at the Intercontinental pre-cruise in Dec. My question - We are arriving early (like 9:30AM), will I have a problem checking in?

Hope you are well,

Nan

Hello Stones902! It's Nan from Brooklyn, we sailed the Explorer in '02 out of Miami with my brother Anthony. I'm still cruising with Ben and a great group of CC folk. A bunch of us are also staying at the Intercontinental pre-cruise in Dec. My question - We are arriving early (like 9:30AM), will I have a problem checking in?

Hope you are well,

Nan

You may possibly not have a problem. Last January we arrived for a 2 day stay at the Intercontinental and arrived at the hotel at approximately 11:00 a.m. I thought that we would be way too early also, but much to our surprise, we were given our room immediately. And at that for an extra $20 we were able to upgrade to a bayview room. So by arriving earlier in the day, you may be greeted with this experience as well. It doesn't hurt to try! :D

• 3 weeks later...

We are also booking the $84 cost for our November Cruise and staying an exrtra day once we return so we have more time to relax and explore before heading home.

I have a question about cab fare. Does anyone know approx cab fare from the Airport? Does the IC have it's own shuttle?

Thanks for any transportation info you can give. I did search and found a $24 fare. Just want to double check if that is per person or flat rate.

We are on the Pearl Nov 7, but I am looking forward to seeing the Epic in port Nov 6.:)

can anyone tell me if there is a lounge for dancing and having a drink in the hotel

how long does it take to walk from the IC to the bayside where the restaurants are

is a cab the best way to get from MIA to the hotel?

thanks carol

we are sailing October 31st on liberty

The IC is roughly 4 blocks from the HI-POM

That said, it's about the same walk to Bayside. Actually, once you cross the street in front of the IC, you are in Bayfront park and just walk along the waterfront in the park and you're at Bayside in a couple of minutes.

Cab is the best way.

I'm not sure about dancing at the hotel. If you are really looking for that kind of nightlife, look into South Beach.

On the weekends, there is live music and drinks available at Bayside.

Archived