MOS-PV AI for Mariner vs Las Caletas

jamscckmc

Trying to decide between ships excursions. I know we can walk to Krystal but willing to pay more for less hassle. I hear Las caletas is very nice but also interested in the AI offered by RC. Any one taken either of these? Is there any little tour on the way? I assume with Las Caletas you just tip the boat crew at the end. at the AI are you tipping with each drink since you are not staying there? Any info would be helpful.

I've got arthrtis in my hip and will be getting a hip replacement soon so walking can be slow and painfull. I also have a beautiful teen daughter that gets alot of unwanted attention in Mexico with her long blond hair. Trying to avoid walking around alone with her while DH is playing golf. Since I can't walk very fast it is also hard for me to outwalk the venders.

If you do a search in this forum you will find some posts about the Dreams resort south of Puerto Vallarta. You have to take a cab there and pay for a day pass but the resort is supposed to be very nice

Cruise Ship Day Pass – 6 hours maximum - $58.00USD per person (includes

meals, drinks and beach towels)

Children between the ages of 2 and 12 are half-price.

a cab back to the ship should cost about 120 pesos or 15 USD.

The ships tour takes you to Mismaloya. We've done land trips there and it's a nice place to spend the day. It is on it's own little cove and surrounded by jungle. The pools are nice and that's where you'll find us when we take the Mariner in November. You can go on your own, the hotel offers day passes that are $60 for the day, good from 9am-6pm and a taxi should cost maybe $15-$20 each way. I believe the ships tour is almost $80 but is only good for 5 hours and 1 of those hours will be just getting there and back.

Archived