Balcony cabins Cat 7A (obstructed view) or 5241 & 5243 on Spirit?

lilbit

Was wondering about these 2 cabins on the Spirit. Currently booked in a cat 7A, #5187. Booked directly with my cruise consultant at Carnival who said that those 7A balconys are a good deal because even though they say obstructed view, the life boats are actually below the balcony not perpendicular to. 5241 and 5243 are considered a premium balcony on the same deck as what I have, but looks like they are much larger. Trying to decide whether to spend the extra money on one of those.

Never stayed in those rooms, but did stay in room 5165 on the pride few years ago. we were upgraded to that "obstructed view" balcony from an OV room three days before the cruise, since it was our first cruise we didin't realize what a great deal we got until later.

Regarding the "obstructed view" part. On the spirit class ships (pride and spirit are identical) there are two styles of life boats. One with what I call a "high roof" and a "low roof". our cabin had a high roof life boat alongside and the top of the roof came to the railing allowing you to see up over the top of the life boat. Was it the most ideal setting, no, but considering we got a balcony upgrade for free it was totally worth it. Still got fresh air and a view.

May I suggest using the search function both here on Cruise Critic and on webshots. Use Generic Terms like "spirit obstructed" or "spirit 5143" etc...etc...

646804109_PrideExteriorshowingBalconies.jpg.1bde1f687b59421ccaed11229967c996.jpg

1760780006_BalconyView.jpg.657a2fd56d8027ae0d5f729f1f2e87a2.jpg

257453730_BalconyDoorOpen.jpg.0f1de9cb1ee480fcfe22827f11dff14f.jpg

1011043361_Balconysunset.jpg.eaced2de7f1895679281c48385b83cab.jpg

Cabin 5241 (9A OSTW) 230/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and obstructed balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 2-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 5243 (9A OSTW) 230/85 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and obstructed balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; minibar; 2-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Obstructed by Lifeboat

The roof of the lifeboat is somewhat level with the balcony floor; therefore, while sitting on the balcony, you have an ocean view when looking straight ahead but an obstructed view when looking down.

Starboard: 5241 5243

PICTURE of room 5238. but shows how the obstructed view is. still looks cool. just have to stand to get a view if you want of the ocean

I've stayed in 5177 and loved it. The balcony was big enough for the 2 of us. Except for the balcony itself being larger, the view will be the same in either cabin. I would stay with the cabin you have and use the extra money for fun things.

Was wondering about these 2 cabins on the Spirit. Currently booked in a cat 7A, #5187. Booked directly with my cruise consultant at Carnival who said that those 7A balconys are a good deal because even though they say obstructed view, the life boats are actually below the balcony not perpendicular to. 5241 and 5243 are considered a premium balcony on the same deck as what I have, but looks like they are much larger. Trying to decide whether to spend the extra money on one of those.

Those cabins are larger . We stayed in the one above 6279 and loved it . I will try to find the pic for you. 230 cabin/85 sq ft balcony . the cabin you are now in is 185 cabin/40 sq ft balcony.

I've stayed in 5177 and loved it. The balcony was big enough for the 2 of us. Except for the balcony itself being larger, the view will be the same in either cabin. I would stay with the cabin you have and use the extra money for fun things.

Here are 2 pics from cabin #5177.

Looking to the right.

688961592_Cabin5177alookingright.jpg.2f06dea0d55ecf3a08794a174ae23f4b.jpg

Looking straight ahead.

81553814_Cabin5177alookingstraight.jpg.c7c80e391bfb45d08c2c6dc367830ec1.jpg

Archived