Gifts

We are cruising next week and it is our 19th wedding anniversary shortly afterwards. I'm considering buying a surprise gift for my wife online to be ready in the stateroom before we go.

Has anyone done this? What gifts are good value? Should I wait until we're on the ship?

Thanks.

I have sent a bouquet of flowers to my mother as a thank you gift - not the super expensive bouquet but the one that costs about $35 - $40. It was just beautiful and she had fresh flowers in her cabin all week. She really loved the flowers. I am thinking of doing it again when we cruise with her in May.

You can check out everything offered at 'Gifts & Gear' on RCI's website. Depending on her preferences, you could order a bottle of something along with chocolate covered strawberries to share. As mentioned, flowers are always nice. Or give her a spa treatment while onboard. If you prefer something that she could keep, perhaps a Royal Caribbean robe. And for the price of a tip, have room service bring you breakfast one morning in your stateroom. Have a great cruise and Happy Anniversary!

I would definitely order flowers and chocolate covered strawberries. I think I would arrange it with the dining room to have a cake come out one night reading "I love you", or "happy anniversary"...that's a nice touch. Don't forget the specialty restaurants too...they are nice for celebrating.

Archived