El Tigre Catamaran versus others

carimichelle11

Hello everyone. Myself, my boyfriend and one other couple are leaving on a cruise in may and one of our stops is barbados. We KNOW for a fact we want to do one of the Catamaran snorkel trips that includes open bar, lunch and a few snorkel spots. My problem is that there are so many of them to choose from!! I have somewhat narrowed it down to Heat Wave and El Tigre based on price and what they offer. Can anyone help us decide which to choose from based on your experiences? Any help would be great! We are 4 people in our late 20's/early 30's so we do love music and a slight party atmosphere. Nothing too crazy. Thanks so much.

Cari

Haven't been on either one of those but we've been on Silver Moon and Cool Runnings. When we were there 2 years ago we looked over at the El Tigre cat and there were people hanging off all over. Way too crowded. I think it might be the one the cruise ship books on? Maybe someone who has been will chime in and let you know for sure. I know our group all mentioned how glad we were that we weren't on it.

• 1 month later...

I sailed with El Tigre in 2007. They had about 25 people on the catamaran. They had an open bar and a rather nice buffet lunch.

Since you are part of a couple things will be fine. But it's not good for a solo cruiser. I felt like a 5th wheel by the other guest and the crew. This was one of the few times I couldn't wait for my tour to be over with.

Archived