How far out do you start planning what to pack

jenndun

I pack about 2-3 days before we leave. I do better that way and any more than than just makes for pretty comfy beds for the cats. They sleep on top of them when zipped. Guess it's their way of saying don't go.

Mentally, I realize how much I didn't need from the cruise we just had and try not to make the same mistake the following year...doesn't work.:rolleyes:

My cat likes to lay on my suitcase too! Once I start packing I never leave it open. I close it and put a towel on it so I don't have to worry about all of her cat hair getting on it, then having to clean that off.

Been collecting things little by little in a laundry basket, looked thru all of that and have that organized and ready (mostly toiletries, and items suggested on CC to bring). Today I picked out several tops, pants, dresses, etc. from my closet and will try them on to make sure they fit ok and will figure out what I will definitely bring. Completed my itineraries, and tour info. that I leave behind for my loved ones. I cook all my Mother's meals for her, and will do that the day before I leave, so I want everything to be totally ready before that except for any last minute things I might forget. Get it all behind me and be ready to CRUISE..........

I start making lists the day I book the cruise! Mine is 87 days out. I've cleaned the guest room and now the packing will begin. I'll make the official list and have fun shopping over the next few months. I love the new clothes on vacation and a few of my comfortable favorites.

Do what makes you happy! It's vacation. I'm an OCD planner...... :-)

me too. But planning is half the fun..it actually extends the actual vacation :)

I am 48 days from my 1st cruise. When should I start planning what to pack. When should I start packing. I am getting excited.

I'm at 47 days :D I have been making a 'cruise pile' and add things as I think of them. Then, of course there is the list that I will go over a day or so ahead.

I use to always run out of underwear, socks, or something silly on Vac so now I'm a bit anal when I pack. It's not so much when I start as much as how I pack. About a week before the cruise, I start laying out my outfits for each day. Each day has two outfits 1 for the daily activities, 1 for dinner. Each outfit gets a pair of underwear and a bra on top of it. That way I always have enough underwear! I usually pick out a few pairs of shoes to take that can be paired with multiple outfits. Then each outfit with under garments gets put in a large ziplock. I don't go as far as to label the ziplock with the days of the week....but believe me I've thought about it! LOLOLOL I guess it's ok to admit your faults! It's healthy :p hahahahahaa

July will be my first, but since I booked last year, I stocked up on summer clothes for this year on Clearance racks then.

Up until recently I had a notebook that I wrote items for various trips in,but now Ive begun using the computer. I have my list for the cruise,and camping in various word docs. Thanks to this site and my roomie, Im making my list and cking it twice ,ALREADY,lol. Mine is everything specific,down to tops colors,and tweezers.

I will look into the google doc's thing someone mentioned. GREAT IDEA!!

Have fun!!!!

Archived