JFK to Abu Dhabi

Chesie

I think your only non-stop choice would be Etihad Airways

Correct

Etihad is a very, very nice airline.

OP, you may want to look also into flying nonstop into Dubai and DRIVING to Abu Dhabi. EASY drive, rental cars are cheap, the highway is very nice and lots of places to stop along the way just to take in the immense desert. Emirates flies daily out of JFK nonstop. About a 2 hour drive to Abu Dhabi. You save about $1500 (for two) driving yourself from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. The nonstop on Etihad is NOT cheap.

I have done the drive 5 times in the last 18 months because I PREFER flying Etihad or Gulf Air in the Middle East but the Etihad flights from Kuwait City end in Abu Dhabi, NOT Dubai (unless you want to take Etihad's free bus to Dubai which is offered on a couple of Kuwait flights).

For a first class experience, Kuwait airlines flies JFK/Kuwait City for $1000.00 each way (about $2300 RT out of JFK). It is very, very easy to get a flight into Abu Dhabi from Kuwait City (a two + hour flight). The Kuwait City airport is VERY, VERY easy for a transfer. While Kuwait airlines is NOT BA/Qantas/Singapore Air in first class, you are able to lay down and sleep on a very long flight. Service is OK and the price is certainly right. There is NO booze on Kuwait Airlines. If you are price shopping, Kuwait Airlines first class is just slightly higher than Etihad's nonstop from JFK in coach.

Be prepared for lots of cigarette smoke in the Middle East (including inside the airports). My first trip to the Middle East I was simply astounded-men standing right underneath the NO SMOKING signs smoking away. Enjoy your trip to the Middle East. A TRULY different part of the world.

Correct

Etihad is a very, very nice airline.

OP, you may want to look also into flying nonstop into Dubai and DRIVING to Abu Dhabi. EASY drive, rental cars are cheap, the highway is very nice and lots of places to stop along the way just to take in the immense desert. Emirates flies daily out of JFK nonstop. About a 2 hour drive to Abu Dhabi. You save about $1500 (for two) driving yourself from Dubai to Abu Dhabi. The nonstop on Etihad is NOT cheap.

I have done the drive 5 times in the last 18 months because I PREFER flying Etihad or Gulf Air in the Middle East but the Etihad flights from Kuwait City end in Abu Dhabi, NOT Dubai (unless you want to take Etihad's free bus to Dubai which is offered on a couple of Kuwait flights).

For a first class experience, Kuwait airlines flies JFK/Kuwait City for $1000.00 each way (about $2300 RT out of JFK). It is very, very easy to get a flight into Abu Dhabi from Kuwait City (a two + hour flight). The Kuwait City airport is VERY, VERY easy for a transfer. While Kuwait airlines is NOT BA/Qantas/Singapore Air in first class, you are able to lay down and sleep on a very long flight. Service is OK and the price is certainly right. There is NO booze on Kuwait Airlines. If you are price shopping, Kuwait Airlines first class is just slightly higher than Etihad's nonstop from JFK in coach.

Be prepared for lots of cigarette smoke in the Middle East (including inside the airports). My first trip to the Middle East I was simply astounded-men standing right underneath the NO SMOKING signs smoking away. Enjoy your trip to the Middle East. A TRULY different part of the world.

Thank you both for the info! We were in Cairo 2 years ago and found the smoking less than Italy! Will check those carriers out. Thanks again!

Archived