Camera on Los Veranos?

Gaijin_Mom

I've noticed that it says you can bring a camera along. How practical is this and have you actually been able to take pictures? I'm assuming that you need a GOOD strap! Neck? Wrist? What works??? Just trying to figure out if I should take my camera along or not. Thanks for the help!

We did the canopy tour through RC (Radiance) in February and cameras of any kind were not allowed. Even with that restriction, I can't imagine trying to take pix while on this excursion as it's fairly fast paced (except for the walking parts). The guides really want everyone to pay attention, step up, get re-hooked and off you go. Of course they were selling the pix at the end of the tour so that may have some bearing on their "no cameras allowed" rule.

Also, we were wearing heavy leather gloves that were somewhat damp/wet (so you don't get burned if you apply the brake) and it would be difficult to operate a camera.

These are just my personal observations; your mileage may vary.

Whatever company you book through - it's a fabulous excusion.

Enjoy!

We went with Los Veranos and didn't wear any gloves, leaving our hands/fingers free. I had my digital around my neck on a strap. Hubby had his little digital in one of his cargo pant pockets. He also had our movie camera. We managed to get off a few shots of each other on the hike/trail, on the platforms hooking up, and we each got one of the other zipping in to the platform. Not much time to pose................you gotta be quick. But, it can be done. On the last line (the double one, where you race each other down) our guide showed my husband a tip on how to hold the movie camera in a certain way, and he got some great shots of the scenery going by, as he zipped down. Of course, we bought the pictures, too!

We did that tour last year and I brought my small Canon power shot on my wrist. I took all sorts of movies and pictures and love all of them. My sister also had her camera and also took plenty of photo's. We had a group of 12 so there was plenty of lag time to take a picture or two and more. We bought the video they did and the pictures they took for us, but I love mine I took most. I have a larger camera (canon rebel) which wouldn't have worked but my tiny one worked great!

We just went ~2 wks ago.

Los Veranos wouldn't let anyone hold their camera or strap it to their wrist while on the zipline. You had to have a neck strap or it needed to fit in your pocket.

My hubbie and I took several pics of each other on the tour.. I would go first, then he'd let a few people go before he did. This way, I could get to the platform, take off my clothes and get ready w/ the camera before he started on his zip. We would switch places on the next zip and he'd go 1st and take my pic.

And yes, I think it would be safe in the lockers. There's 1 attendant who has the key. I wouldn't leave tons of cash in it though. I'm trusting, but not that trusting!

Archived