Boo Boo Jam

moosemac

Seven long years ago, we spent a magical day at a beach bar north of Orient Beach. We had rented a jeep and found this wonderful little place off the beaten path. The memories of this place has sustained me through many New Egnland winters. After much research and thanks to a photo map posted on this forum, I identified the bar as what I believe is now Boo Boo Jam.

Last time we were there the chair and umbrella rentals were reasonable, the Corona was ice cold, drinks were awesome and food was simple and delicious. I had a blast speaking broken French with the bartender. Also did a little shopping in the quaint booths. We are cruising to St. Maarten in May. Does anyone have any info about this place now? Can we get a taxi to take us there and if so what would be the estimated cost?

• 3 weeks later...
Seven long years ago, we spent a magical day at a beach bar north of Orient Beach. We had rented a jeep and found this wonderful little place off the beaten path. The memories of this place has sustained me through many New Egnland winters. After much research and thanks to a photo map posted on this forum, I identified the bar as what I believe is now Boo Boo Jam.

Last time we were there the chair and umbrella rentals were reasonable, the Corona was ice cold, drinks were awesome and food was simple and delicious. I had a blast speaking broken French with the bartender. Also did a little shopping in the quaint booths. We are cruising to St. Maarten in May. Does anyone have any info about this place now? Can we get a taxi to take us there and if so what would be the estimated cost?

Moosemac,

We were there about seven years ago also but it was a ship tour we took. Stopped on the french side for some shopping and then on to Boo Boo Jam. Had lunch there very good and maybe five or six beers and enjoyed the beach. As we were looking with Boo Boo Jam to our back if you looked right you could see part of Orient beach. Which end I am not sure. Some of our ship mates walked from that area to Boo Boo jam after taking a cab to Orient beach. So believe you could walk once you figure out which end of orient beach.

Last year saw something on this board where someone walked down to Boo Boo jam from Orient beach. Try the below linki for boo boo jam and it says it is right on Orient Beach:

http://www.best-stmartin.com/detail.asp?storeID=586&catID=6&typID=

Good Luck

Mike and Trish.

Found another link shows pictures of all the bars on Orient Beach. Once you click on the link scroll to section 4 and you will see boo boo jam. You will see other locations close by and could ask the cab to drop you off there and walk to boo boo jam if the cab would not take you there. http://edsandra.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm.

Boo Boo Jam is nearer the Northern end of Orient Beach, away from Club Orient.

I have a photo here, and from there you can take a virtual walk of the entire beach.

Even though it is on Orient, it's off the normal taxi route a bit, so might cost a little more.

th_DSCN3859.jpg

(click)

Or you could ask to be dropped in the Bikini / Waikiki area and walk down, it's maybe half a mile at most along the beach.

gary

We spent 1 hour at Boo Boo Beach in Jan 2010

It was a stop of our private guided ATV tour.

Beautiful quiet beach. Some longers were free, others we were told we cant use.

In the distance down the beach we could see all the action of Orient Beach, Parasailing, water traampoline, sea doo's etc

atv10.jpg

atv8.jpg

atv9.jpg

Archived