Inside gty cabin assignment

saltyswife

I believe you should have an assignment soon-usually 3 to 6 weeks before sailing they assign gty. cabins. Have you registred your cruise on carnival.com? You will probably see a cabin number there very soon. Have a great trip! We have an inside gty on the Jan. 15, 2001 sailing

Might be assigned before you board and maybe not... your Edocs may reflect the stateroom on them when printed, and maybe not till later... Either way, not much you can do about it if you find out in advance or at last minute, if disturbed at the final outcome of the category and location of your stateroom. Sometimes this CAN BE A PITFALL to booking an IS GTY stateroom...Just go in with a positive attitude and hope for the best is really all you can do.

I always book gty and sometimes I'll get my cabin within days of final payment and sometimes it's not until a couple of weeks before sailing. I've even had them give me an assignment then upgrade me at the pier.

I always book gty and sometimes I'll get my cabin within days of final payment and sometimes it's not until a couple of weeks before sailing. I've even had them give me an assignment then upgrade me at the pier.

This is so true.... despite possibly getting your stateroom assignment in advance when booking a GTY, there is always a chance you will have a different stateroom when you board and it could be a pleasant upgrade from what you thought you had ! :D

Our cabin number was posted when I got home from school today. It's right down the hall from our in-laws who booked a 4F inside cabin. We were assigned a 4F and paid $120 less for the cabin. I would not argue with them if they wanted to upgrade us.......

Our cabin number was posted when I got home from school today. It's right down the hall from our in-laws who booked a 4F inside cabin. We were assigned a 4F and paid $120 less for the cabin. I would not argue with them if they wanted to upgrade us.......

I would say you got lucky and now have a few extra bucks to have fun with

This happened to us once when we booked a GTY inside. Friends joined us after we booked and decided to choose their location, and room, Empress deck, and since our cabins were linked we were given a room close to their location for the lower price of the GTY.

i have been tempted to do a guarentee but im always afraid i will get a cabin at the very front of the ship. that does not work for me with more likelyhood of seasickness. i hope you get a good cabin though. :)

Archived